• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The forum could always be better and it could always be worse.

Very seldom do I think the answer is more rules.

I'd rather see these fly by sellers than this place turn into some of the other forums that are nothing but rules.
    I think the flybys are far more likely to be scammers/frauds than someone who takes the time to post, legitimately interact with the board and gets to know folks here.

I would just as soon see 30 days to post ads, and be able buy at sign up.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I like the idea of a 30 day wait to post in the classifieds to help weed out the spammers. I think that should still include a minimum post count to go along with it. If you don't want to wait then become a supporter.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I do many of my FTF through these forums because I feel the people are somewhat vetted, a step above random classifieds. I also feel the appeal of this forum is the sense of community.

I don't believe in a lot of rules but always felt having a minimum requirement at least indicated they were less likely to be a flake. In this case I skipped right past that classified because he was gaming the system and that told me everything I needed to know about doing business with him.

Seems the sentiment in this thread wants the Guns for Sale to be Arms list or Texas Gun Trader. If that's the consensus I'll have to reconsider the trust implicit in doing business here.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Agreed. It's not his fault, it's the rules that are screwed up. He followed the rules and was able to post his item for sale. The rules should be changed to make it so you need to be a member for a certain amount of time before a classified listing is allowed, NOT 25 instances of "Follow" or "Agreed". Those are NOT posts!

He is only being used as an example as to why the rules need to be changed, no one is begrudging him for abiding by them as they currently are.

I agree with the 30 day minimum being imposed on top of a 25 actual post requirement.

If someone is in a huge rush to sell firearms then they can go on TexasGunTrader and deal with the BS on there.

This forum needs to maintain some standards as its members tend to trust others on it more than pure strangers.

Such modifications will benefit this group a heck of a lot more than the few such requirements scare off!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    He is only being used as an example as to why the rules need to be changed, no one is begrudging him for abiding by them as they currently are.

I agree with the 30 day minimum being imposed on top of a 25 actual post requirement.

If someone is in a huge rush to sell firearms then they can go on TexasGunTrader and deal with the BS on there.

This forum needs to maintain some standards as its members tend to trust others on it more than pure strangers.

Such modifications will benefit this group a heck of a lot more than the few such requirements scare off!
    Could not agree more.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So, becoming a paying member would no longer allow someone to sell right away?
    I think behavior should be the overriding factor.
    $10 is a pretty low price to pay to be able to run a game.

Be here a month and actually interact with the members here would actually be a better qualifier.

Or go back to the 25 posts, but if they are one liners done in 26 minutes get an IP ban.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I think the mod team should have some leeway, because “50 posts” or “30 days” before putting an ad in the classifieds can easily be abused.

Sometimes things live in the gray and things aren’t necessarily black or white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    If we take away the advantages of becoming a forum supporter, then there will be less forum supporters, which in turn is less operating funds for the site.

I'm not saying I don't believe the current rules need to be modified, I am just playing Devil's Advocate. We all watched the current jackass make his run for 25, and several of us even commented on it while it was happening. Maybe I'm wrong, but it appeared the comments are what edged him into becoming a forum supporter.

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Someone please explain to me how a classified ad harms/hinders/coerces/insults/threatens/defrauds or even inconveniences anyone, in any way, whatsoever. I honestly do not get it. Type slowly and at country-boy level, I want to wrap my head around this.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Someone please explain to me how a classified ad harms/hinders/coerces/insults/threatens/defrauds or even inconveniences anyone, in any way, whatsoever. I honestly do not get it. Type slowly and at country-boy level, I want to wrap my head around this.
    The ad itself does not, but spammers and scammers do.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If we take away the advantages of becoming a forum supporter, then there will be less forum supporters, which in turn is less operating funds for the site.

I'm not saying I don't believe the current rules need to be modified, I am just playing Devil's Advocate. We all watched the current jackass make his run for 25, and several of us even commented on it while it was happening. Maybe I'm wrong, but it appeared the comments are what edged him into becoming a forum supporter.

This was my point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom