Target Sports

This whole impeachment thing could turn out bad.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    As I understand it the Senate is not required to do anything until the articles of impeachment are presented to it.

Also the haraden of the house, Nancy Pelosi, has said she is not choosing her managers (read persecutors) until the Senate announces its plans.

The Senate does not have to do anything until the articles are presented to it. Therefore if the Senate announces no plans she won't present the Articles and no trial will ever occur. Works for me.
    Gun Zone Deals

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    As I understand it the Senate is not required to do anything until the articles of impeachment are presented to it.

Also the haraden of the house, Nancy Pelosi, has said she is not choosing her managers (read persecutors) until the Senate announces its plans.

The Senate does not have to do anything until the articles are presented to it. Therefore if the Senate announces no plans she won't present the Articles and no trial will ever occur. Works for me.

That’s what they want. Their best conceivable outcome is that it stops here before the senate gets to call any of their own witnesses. The Dems campaign on Trump being impeached which they knew is all they would get from this anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    In the Senate the impeachment process is where the house acts as prosecutor, the senate as jury and the supreme court chief justice as judge.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    A) as has been mentioned, the last thing the dems want is to let the administration call witnesses. Total disaster and could mean prison time for those who get called depending on their words under oath. The list is long.

B) listening to some of the impassioned speeches from dems in the last few days about how removal of this president was imperative in the interest of our national security.....and now they're possibly not even going to move it to the senate.....makes those otherwise impassioned speeches look like the complete and utter partisan bullshit that they really were.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    WT_Foxtrot,

ImVho, what the Senate SHOULD do is schedule an IMMEDIATE vote on the so-called "Articles of Impeachment", vote them down & END this money-wasting FARCE.
    (According to the latest figure that I heard, the DIMs have wasted over 70 Million bucks on this FISHING EXPEDITION & WITCH HUNT.)
    Enough is ENOUGH.

As far as I know, there is NO Constitutional requirement to call a single witness, have even a 5-minute discussion and/or do anything but VOTE the "Articles" up/down.

yours, satx

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Now this is two days old, so it is before the vote, but Ted Cruz details many of the things discussed here and it's very detailed on how the house doesn't really have a case for impeachment. It is over an hour long, but I found it very enlightening:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I heard a talking head on the radio today saying that the Senate can acquit, even without receiving the articles from Nan. He thinks that she even expects it, if she holds out for too long. As someone else mentioned, it still leaves a "mark" on the Prez and could hurt him come November. Perhaps the Dims ultimate goal. They knew this would never fly in the Senate and the fact that they are now calling for additional witnesses proves they know their case is weak, at best.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    easy rider,

The DIMocRATS in DC, whether at THE COMPOST, THE NY SLIMES and/or "Up on the Hill" were celebrating impeachment far into the night. = This shows just how OUT OF TOUCH that the DIMs are with the mass of the American voters.

The DIMs have NO chance whatever in 2020, in 2022 or 2024, until/unless they purge all of the leftists, bigots, haters & "fools in the public view" out of their party & they will NEVER do that task.

yours, satx

Top Bottom