• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironman45693

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Austin
    I'm getting ready to remove the from my wish list. Found a deal on one I just couldn't pass up, and I just picked up my P7M8 last week. I'm going to put myself in the poor house, and its all Hk's fault.
    Venture Surplus ad

texaspartsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Seguin
    I have an H&K SL8 , UPS40, a P4, and a Greek version of the HK91, if H&K
    and Steyr had never sold guns I would be a lot richer.... or own more ammo

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Don't forget to do the UMP conversion on that USC either! ;) It's a never ending rabbit hole, that's what it is.

ironman45693

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Austin
    Don't forget to do the UMP conversion on that USC either! ;) It's a never ending rabbit hole, that's what it is.
    I know. I want to do the conversion, but seeing how the parts kit costs more than the gun plus the SBR pain in the a**, i doubt it will happen soon. However I did tell myself "I need to stop spending money" after I bought the P7M8.:rolleyes: I am putting my self through college right now.:o

ironman45693

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Austin
    From what I understand, you replace the lower, the barrel, and slap on a folding stock. I'm sure it gets more technical than that; I'll look into it more when I see it as a financially feasible.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, it replaces the lower and stock, though you don't have to do the barrel and can use the stock one. If you do the UMP barrel (or there are 1 or 2 companies making aftermarket barrels for the conversion), it is very short like 8" or so, so you have to SBR it which is another $200 for the tax stamp from the ATF. Just something to think about if you want to keep costs down.

dexterescoto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    what do you guys think about the HK416? I'd like to get one but i dont think they will be available for civilians so im thinking about getting a POF

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    IMO wait for the SCAR from FN. Who knows how much an HK MR223/308 is going to cost, it could be over $2500 starting out. Remember HK doesn't have a plant here in the US like FN does. Also, Bushmaster is selling their gas piston as a kit for less than $500 I believe. Don't know if you can only install it on CAR length barrels or mid-length or standard length barrels. Another option is a PTR-91, I saw one at the gun show for $1100 brand new!!!! Its the exact same as HK's original HK-91 but a little bit more improved from magazine articles I've been reading about them. The only downside I've heard is that the "delayed-blow back" is a little harsh from what I understand, nothing a good recoil pad could cure I believe.

dexterescoto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    ACR

What do you guys think about bushmaster ACR. I've been waiting for it to come out but they keep changing the release date.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I got bite by the H&K bug 30 years ago. Bought a 91 that was imported by Saco. Then I bought a P9S while I still had a FFL those were followed bu a SP89 & USP .40. Ofter thought that oneday I would convert the SP89. I'm loooking to put a can on the USP.

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    Yes, those HKs will take some $ from you. Besides my Expert, I have a custom built MSG-90 with a douglas 26" hexygonal barel and springfield armory tac scope all built on a Portugese manufactured HK-91 receiver.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    what do you guys think about the HK416? I'd like to get one but i dont think they will be available for civilians so im thinking about getting a POF

H&K already announced they will be releasing the HK416 and I believe also the HK417 for civilian sale in the US. However, I have yet to see any price, MSRP, etc. Judging by what I saw of a European sales price, it appears they are selling for something like $3500-3800 in Europe I believe? I may be off a bit on that. Basically, it sounds like their price is going to end up being $2500+, at which point there will be plenty of more cost effective options. I can't see spending that much on a 416. I'm leaning towards going with a Bushmaster ACR as I've heard those should be priced somewhere around the $1700-2000 range, which is a fair price I think.

Top Bottom