• ...and so much more!
  • Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Spotted a dillo near my okra this a.m. my shepherd run him off .then I found where he had dug under one of my pepper plants.
    I'll be waitin fer that sumbitch tonite with a lead cocktail.
    Guns International

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    On the ranch way back when, we had a 5 ac field that looked like it had been plowed...all dillo damage. Left unchecked in dry conditions, the little suckers can do quite a bit of damage. Seems like the drier it is, the more they dig.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I posted this about a year ago but it shows what the 'Dillos are like.

A friend invited me to his family farm in Oklahoma to shoot toilets. Someone had dumped a huge pile of old toilets on the property and we wanted to see what my Ruger Redhawk .44 mag would do to them. We fired at least 50 full throttle .44's and demolished a pile of toilets when the dumbest Armadillo on Earth walked out in front of the giant pile of toilets. I hit it with one .44 amidships and it jumped 4 feet straight up and crashed in a heap. That was one dumb ass and now deceased Armadillo!

Flash

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Never seen an armadillo in real life before. Lol you remind me of my dad. He gets so pissed whenever a squirrel eats his tomatoes.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Never seen an armadillo in real life before. Lol you remind me of my dad. He gets so pissed whenever a squirrel eats his tomatoes.

Funny, I happened to see one yesterday morning (06/20) walking down the sidewalk, 2 houses down from mine, just as I was leaving for work.
    What a coincidence....

beardking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    Spotted a dillo near my okra this a.m. my shepherd run him off .then I found where he had dug under one of my pepper plants.

I have an AR-15 and a lot of empty weekends if you want some help with mixing the lead cocktails. :)

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    When an Armadillo gets through digging with those big claws, the ground looks like it's been hit with a garden tiller. Those suckers aren't big like wild hogs but they dig like crazy.

Flash

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication

My Dad is a medical doctor, and when my brothers and sisters and I were little kids the first critter my Dad ever dissected to show us anatomy was an armadillo. Brings back fond memories of the little critters.....
    sterb034.gif

I have an AR-15 and a lot of empty weekends if you want some help with mixing the lead cocktails. :)

I need to party with you guys, that's all there is to it....

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

A friend invited me to his family farm in Oklahoma to shoot toilets. Someone had dumped a huge pile of old toilets on the property and we wanted to see what my Ruger Redhawk .44 mag would do to them. We fired at least 50 full throttle .44's and demolished a pile of toilets when the dumbest Armadillo on Earth walked out in front of the giant pile of toilets. I hit it with one .44 amidships and it jumped 4 feet straight up and crashed in a heap. That was one dumb ass and now deceased Armadillo!

Flash

i was thinking of that when i saw what the thread was about. i have told that stroy a few times.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've been a bicycle rider all of my life and it's a tradition when you find a dead Armadillo alongside the road to flip it on its back and place a beer bottle between its legs. In Texas and Oklahoma, there is always a beer bottle handy on the road side.

Flash

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My Dad is a medical doctor, and when my brothers and sisters and I were little kids the first critter my Dad ever dissected to show us anatomy was an armadillo. Brings back fond memories of the little critters.....

Gotta love that Leprosy......

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne

Flash

Dillo is the one thing I haven't shot with the 500SW yet; I keep waiting to see one when I've got a chance to actually shoot one. I'd love to see what a 500gn XTP will do to a dillo @ 1350+fps

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Dillo is the one thing I haven't shot with the 500SW yet; I keep waiting to see one when I've got a chance to actually shoot one. I'd love to see what a 500gn XTP will do to a dillo @ 1350+fps

From my experience they don't do a whole lot. The bands hold them together pretty good.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    the mental image of "Bubba" in overalls sittin/waitin on the porch with a bazooka and a twelve pack came to mind after reading yer post!! and DEFINATELY something i'd partake in!!

Top Bottom