• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I guy I know accidently shot his wife with a .380 last August. The bullet went through her, a chair and the book Modern Reloading. This was a FMJ factory round. The .380 apparently penetrates real well.
    Lynx Defense

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    She's fine. They are still married. It actually saved her life. She had a heart attack at the hospital. Not related to the GSW which they patched up with some band aids.

ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    With Glock set to introduce a .380 ACP Glock 42 soon (if the rumors are correct)... this thread may even show new life in the new year... :)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    She's fine. They are still married. It actually saved her life. She had a heart attack at the hospital. Not related to the GSW which they patched up with some band aids.

"Baby, I saved your life by shooting you. Let it go already" :roflsmile:

Oh, I came on here to find STBs 9mm vids w/ the 938

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Glad you've liked the series!

Here's the final wrapup. In this blog post you'll find a link to the wrapup video, as well as a reference of how each round did and links to the testing for each round.

Final Results of the .380 ACP Ammo Quest | Shooting The Bull

Man, what extensive work! Thanks. Passing this on to the .380 carrier in the house.

Quick feedback here, on the result charts at the bottom, the red & blue background makes the number result hard to see. Anything you can do there to make it a little easier on the eyes please? Perhaps using bold black text instead of the offwhite regular text? Or maybe a color tinted background vs vivid color? (Geez, I sound 100yrs old...)

s9601694

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Houston

HOLY! not to get off topic too much but did he get in any kind of legal trouble? Don't they have to report a GSW to the police?

On topic comment:

I understand that on warm days (people wearing less clothing) hollow points .380 do the job. On cold days (people wearing heavy jackets) a .380 hp wont be as effective and a FMJ would be the better choice.

this is apart from the hole getting clogged up with fabric. Critical Defense has attempted (successfully I understand) to counter that issue but (again i understand) that the 380 doesnt have enough energy left after penetrating heavy clothing to effectively expand and penetrate.

ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Oh, I came on here to find STBs 9mm vids w/ the 938
    The 938 vids have started already, there are four up now and more coming next week. Don't really have a thread for 'em here, so ... maybe I should start one...

As for the colors -- try it now. Didn't realize how bad it was until you said something, but it should be infinitely better now!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The 938 vids have started already, there are four up now and more coming next week. Don't really have a thread for 'em here, so ... maybe I should start one...

As for the colors -- try it now. Didn't realize how bad it was until you said something, but it should be infinitely better now!

I'd say start a thread but I know it takes work updating sites & posts each time you complete a test. So obviously final decision is up to you :)

And the legibility of the results is muy excellente! - thank you.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    With much respect, that just doesnt make sense.

lol Exactly

I posted in a manner to be described as "sarcastic" in that there post about mixing JHPs and FMJs. I recall reading gobs and gobs of threads on .380 and some guys mixed ammo in their mags and that was their reasoning. I do not practice or endorse such behavior. I have done it at the range to see "how it does" for function but my time is better spent selecting good .380 ammo and training to put shots on target.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    It's like those guys who load their pumps with birdshot first, then follow it with buck, then a slug or two. I've never been an advocate. If I were that worried I would carry one mag full of JHP and one of Buffalo Bore 100gr +P cast lead as my backup (which I actually do for my P238). If I shoot someone a few times with the JHP and it has no effect, I whip out the BB.

TattooedGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Getting shot in the right place with ANY bullet is going to do some form of damage. Will it end an attack in one shot? Maybe. Maybe not. Ammo has made leaps and bounds over the past decades and any current round is better than the same round years ago. That said, I am a beliver that you should carry the biggest, most advanced round you can carry and shoot well. For most that's either a 9mm or a 45 ACP. Sure, a .22 is better than a cotton ball if you're attacked or end up in the middle or some crazy terrorist attack or active shooter situation; but I'd feel better with a magazine full of larger bullets.

Top Bottom