• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texradop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    conroe
    i have a mosin that shoots decent but would like to put in synthetic stock and put a scope on any info for a good stock and a scope mount and any info would be nice i have a few mosins i just want to do something different with one also the reciever is not tapped for mount screws its just stock the way i bought it as i have seen somewhere there is a scope mount that goes on the stock ..thought suggestions
    ARJ Defense ad

texradop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    conroe
    Nice .. But not exactly what I had in mind but that would be cool
    I was thinking a full synthetic stock but I like the pistol grip

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    there is a few type of scope mounts
    there is a company called rocksolid ind. that builds the toughest scope mount to date. its very pricey though, i went with the ati scope mount both mounts need to have the reciever drilled and tapped the rock solid piece uses one more hole than the ati. slap a little locktite on the screws and a dab of jb weld under the mount and either would be just as strong as the other. there are not many choices on synthetic stocks though but the ati works just fine. personally i wish i would have kept the factory wood stock over any other but its too late for me.

texradop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    conroe
    Thanks for the reply chub. I will look into that mount
    @ rum runner I responded before I got deeper In the vids nice toss ...will check those out when I get more time. as I prefer the mil style myself I just wanted something different to play with

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Yeah, I subscribe to him because I have the mosin bug, but I have a minty Polish M44 that I am not modifying. Buying a beater Mosin to modify is somethign I would like to do in the future. Anyway he has done several mods so I though it would be a good place to look. You will have to wade through a bit though :)

brocknchrist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    south texas
    I have the utg scope mount from cheaper than dirt... It's holding zero quite well although I just have a red dot sight on it... Nutnfancy has some videos on the mosin you might be interested in on YouTube...

Live, Laugh, Love. If that doesn't work, Load, Aim and Fire. (repeat as necessary)

seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God...

GoofyCracker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Houston
    I have a 91/30 with an ATI Monte Carlo stock on it and does look pretty sweet. The fit required some sand paper in the channel to allow the receiver to mount flush. Now I want an M44 Carbine on that one I will keep the original wood stock.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    "scout" scope is the way to go on the 91/30... Remove pins and knock the rear sight base off. Use a .22 one piece scope mount to put a long eye relief or pistol scope directly on the rear sight's dovetail.

Like this:
    4306214810_437d84fdbe_z.jpg

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    check out "Boyds gun stocks" online ... I have a stock from them on my savage and I absolutely love it! cheap too!

Top Bottom