DK Firearms

Three House members "unanimously" pass new Russia sanctions.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Dennis Kucinich: Three Members of Congress Just Reignited the Cold War While No One Was Looking - Truthdig

Absolutely rediculous that this is allowable in our congressional branch. This was right after the session where the House passed that horrible omnibus bill that put the taxpayers back on the hook for backing the gambling addicts in the derivatives market. This is almost exactly how the Federal Reserve Act was passed a century ago.

And don't even get me started on how sanctions don't even hurt politicians in said countries but are passed along to the citizens (much how corporate tax increases are passed along to employees and consumers).

On a side note, its actually nice to see sanctions on Cuba getting lifted. Gonna have to grab me a legal Cuban once this is finallized. I think there is a chance this could actually affect positive change in Cuba. Think about it this way, now that we can travel to Cuba, we will be able to give our money to Cubans. Then when said Cubans see the government confiscate this increase in profits they will possibly wake up and start to demand reforms within their government to make it more pro-free market. Who knows.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    So they can vote and pass legislation with only three members present? lol... brilliant

That's correct. I'd imagine it's a pretty old rule from the days when it sometimes took weeks to over a month for the Congress critters to make it to Washington to have a congressional session.

Top Bottom