• ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    At a car show with grandson, I brought to his attention that there was no visible gas cap/door on this car. We searched for a bit - tried behind the LP - no luck. I made him ask the smirking owner where it was located. Gson is now qualified to gas up a '56.
    Those baffled many a gas jockey back then. And, the '57 Chevy was in the left tail fin.

1601600754667.png
    Target Sports

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I remember when this Foreigner song came out on the radio in 1977!

I remember some years ago, my friend Jack and I were supervisors for a trucking company. I worked nights and he worked days. Jack was about a year older than me, grew up in northern California. Early one Sunday morning, I was finishing up some of my weekly paperwork and the office radio was on a Classic Rock station. This song was playing.

I remarked to Jack, that I remembered when the song was new and when it first got played on the radio, and now it was considered classic rock. Jack said to me, "Damn, when did we get old and where did all those years go?"

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I find it surprising, how when folks are tasked with posting about:

All things you consider retro! Music, movies, memories, or just about anything for that matter.

Many folks, if not most, who have replied have posted video/audio files from YouTube. Although there are songs that bring back memories for me, I have a lot more retro stuff in my life to remember than songs that others sang. One thing that brings back lots of good memories for me is this photo of me as a fairly new BPA in the early 1980s.

1626407838231.jpeg

Damn there are lots of memories tied into that photo. Good health, being fit and trim, that gun belt which an old Italian shoemaker in NY resized for me (by hand so he would not ruin it in a machine), the Colt Border Patrol revolver, the 12 extra rounds, polishing brass, that horrid hat (later replaced by a ball style cap), all the gals who I knew when so employed, and the adventure of 32 plus years in government law enforcement protecting our borders while in the Border Patrol, Customs Service & Homeland Security Investigations.

Top Bottom