• ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Mods and Admins,

Can y’all just amend the rules to disallow ads requiring a BOS? Seriously, the amount personal information that some folks want to sell you their gun is just ludicrous as are the stated reasons for wanting your driver license number, home address , proof of criminal history, etc.

Ban BOS requirements and if seller wants to assuage any paranoia they can do the transfer through a FFL and the seller pays FFL fee for transfer.

I know, less than stellar rant on my part with no profanity. Sorry to disappoint.;(
    Hurley's Gold

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hoji, make sure you register this opinion with the state. It is currently registered in my name and I'm not sure it will get re-registered. lol

BTW, this is the mildest rant I think I've ever seen from you. You doing ok?
    I am lounging on PTO surrounded by about 250 pounds of chillin’ in the AC dogs. Hard to get the blood pressure boiling when surrounded by good dogs.

480 Ruger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Mich
    Mods and Admins,

Can y’all just amend the rules to disallow ads requiring a BOS? Seriously, the amount personal information that some folks want to sell you their gun is just ludicrous as are the stated reasons for wanting your driver license number, home address , proof of criminal history, etc.

Ban BOS requirements and if seller wants to assuage any paranoia they can do the transfer through a FFL and the seller pays FFL fee for transfer.

I know, less than stellar rant on my part with no profanity. Sorry to disappoint.;(
    Praying for a quick recovery and return to old self

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I don't like a BOS either. But banning sales with BOS adds just cuz I don't like them leads down a path I do not want to follow. What's next ban sale of Glocks? Just ignore the BOS folks and move on.
    What possible benefit is there in a stranger having enough of your personal information to steal your identity or burglarize your home ?

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Hoji, you must remember that a lot of people in Texas moved here from places where anti-gun politicians, bureaucrats, laws, and lawyers prevailed. In some states like NY and NJ, you must obtain a 'permit to purchase' which acts as vetting in their minds.
    They have a real fear of being prosecuted or sued as the result of someone else's actions.

I quit reading ads that request more than a glance at my DL.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hoji, you must remember that a lot of people in Texas moved here from places where anti-gun politicians, bureaucrats, laws, and lawyers prevailed. In some states like NY and NJ, you must obtain a 'permit to purchase' which acts as vetting in their minds.
    They have a real fear of being prosecuted or sued as the result of someone else's actions.

I quit reading ads that request more than a glance at my DL.
    No. They need to leave that communist bullshit at the border.

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Other than name, I don’t ask for other personal info. I see no harm in writing “I am buying gun, serial# from name”

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Why? If you are that concerned just do the sale through an FFL.

I get a receipt for everything that I purchased, but that is just me. I’ll routinely show my license and LTC, if the other party will do the same. To each their own, but I have refused transactions to someone who was not 21, who was out of state etc

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    1630694014548.png

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Mods and Admins,

Admins, I think Hoji has been hacked!! Please confirm: no profanity / wordsmithing appears in this post.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Seriously, with the absolute ease that @benenglish described his account being hacked with secure passwords, why would anyone give a complete stranger the unfettered ability to do so much worse.
    Banning BOS would do nothing but add an extra layer of protection to the members here.
    I have on a couple of occasions asked sellers that want a BOS “ for their protection” to do an FFL transfer on the firearm and all have declined to do so. Even on one occasion where I said I would pay the FFL fee.
    That seems a little fishy.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You have read my posts, you know I only use profanity where it is in context and appropriate to describe whatever fuckery I am talking about and for being a high school dropout punk rocker, I am quite literate.;)
    Admins, I think Hoji has been hacked!! Please confirm: no profanity / wordsmithing appears in this post.

Top Bottom