Time to ban....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DirtyD, Jan 29, 2009.

1. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Electric toothbrushes. I am writing the first democratic cronie I can find. My daughter injured herself with her electric toothbrush tonight, poking herself in the roof of her mouth while brushing her teeth. The danger presented by these horrible devices is a clear threat to our youth. I ask why do we need these tools of dangerwhen we can just rely on a dentist to protect our teeth? We must enact strict regulation immediatley to make sure that the youth of today are safe from these dangerous tools....

2. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Hear hear!

3. Blue Dog

Blue Dog Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Electric toothbrushes,Electric Treadmills,Electric Scooters,Electric Shavers,Electric Fireplaces,Electric Washers/Dryers and Electric Dishwashers are just for lazy people!:tongueout::happy0001:

4. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Don't get me started on the dangers of toothpicks and floss.

Vehicles are apparently quite a risk too.........we need to compose a list of dangerous items.

DirtyD, I hope your daughter will come out of this okay, we'll pray for her. I am organizing a candlelight vigil. hehehhe.

5. AnArmyofRon

AnArmyofRon Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Granbury
    See what society did for your daughter. She injured herself because "society" says she has to have white teeth. As if we all need to have white teeth. Clean white teeth are an insult to those poor individuals who can't afford fancy self brushing devices. I, too, will write my representative.

6. thehemi

thehemi Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Texas
    Dang, I need a shovel to read through this thread.

I love it... :happy0001:

7. DeadFishEye

DeadFishEye New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Yea, while we're at it lets ban every electical device, cars, airplanes and trains etc... and join the Amish folk. Cause, "obviously" this are things for lazy people and are not neccesary. :rolleyes:

8. Saxet

Saxet Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    When electric toothbrushes are banned only those with gingivitis will have electric toothbrushes.
    FYI-do you know toothbrushes were invented in W Virginia? any other place and it would have been called a teethbrush

9. Blue Dog

Blue Dog Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Electric airplanes? :headscratch:
    It's not so much people being lazy it's more about time management.

10. lonewolf23c

lonewolf23c Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Hairdryers, curling irons, coffee (remember the McDonalds Lawsuit?)

I laugh at the things that people say need to be banned at schools, guns, knives, etc, are normal. But, hey what about pens, pencils, rulers, etc, those things can easily be used as a weapon. Power cords for computers can easily be used to strangle someone, and the list of dangerous objects in schools goes on and on.