• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Im thinkin yall are going to have criminals stealing more guns just to sell them at the buy back.

Maybe, ... the street value on the guns is probably what they are paying anyways. Generally speaking I would think that thieves would avoid the turn-in, but they could always send the girlfriend to go do it, which is pretty common in gun stores.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    so will they return any guns found to be stolen to the proper owners? That was one question that entered my mind... The way I see is less armed people out there better chance I have of surviving when I am about robbing people in the hood...

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Does anyone know if they are going to do this program this year? I have an old broken gun that isn't worth much more than a paperweight. Figured maybe I could get the $100 and then trade it to someone else there for their working weapon.

Or is it adviseable to try to fix a frame crack with JB Weld or something? I am thinking no, since I don't know how reliable it would be. Hate to have the test fail when it blows up in my hand.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    "Participants can collect $200 for each assault rifle, $100 each for handguns and rifles and $10 apiece for air guns, BB guns or replicas, sponsors said." 'Cause air guns, BB guns and replicas are so dangerous, dontcha know!

"Gun buyback programs have been successful in removing thousands of guns in Chicago, Los Angeles, Oakland, Philadelphia and Washington,"
    Has removing these guns actually helped to lower crime? (That was a rhetorical question.)

"It’s a good way for people who want to get rid of firearms to do so and know they are going to be destroyed,” Why not just sell them? Why destroy them? Why does APD want people to turn in guns? Why is this happening in Texas? I DON'T GET IT! :banghead:

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    "Participants can collect $200 for each assault rifle, $100 each for handguns and rifles and $10 apiece for air guns, BB guns or replicas, sponsors said." 'Cause air guns, BB guns and replicas are so dangerous, dontcha know!

"Gun buyback programs have been successful in removing thousands of guns in Chicago, Los Angeles, Oakland, Philadelphia and Washington,"
    Has removing these guns actually helped to lower crime? (That was a rhetorical question.)

"It’s a good way for people who want to get rid of firearms to do so and know they are going to be destroyed,” Why not just sell them? Why destroy them? Why does APD want people to turn in guns? Why is this happening in Texas? I DON'T GET IT! :banghead:

If they are willing to pay for broken guns, why not?

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Yeah, that's great... However, my problem is with the ignorant mindset behind these buybacks.

I get what your saying, thats why people park in the corner an buy guns for 10 bucks over what the pd is offering. $100 food card or $100-110 in cash, they always go for the cash.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Y'all know this thread is from a year ago.

Yep, I am the one that brought it back to life. It was listed as an annual thing, and it was about a year ago, so I was inquiring if anyone knew when it was happening this year. Figured it was easier to revive this instead of retyping the info about the program.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Everyone here knows my support for LE....but I am very disappointed in APD.

I always kind of assumed you supported the officers on the street. That doesn't necessarily mean you support everything the department does under the leadership of a politico (and let's face it, you've got to be a politico to be APD chief).

Top Bottom