• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    There are a ton of committees holding hearings exposing the Dems. You won't see it the local news, but the Republicans are giving the Dems one hell of time/exposure. Does anyone but me watch any hearings?

My point, there is a ton of stuff they are doing, but one won't see any of it in the mainstream press, and if one is lazy about finding out, one is/looks uninformed....
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    For all those who want to fire every speaker and are Trump fans.

"Trump, who addressed the crowd at his Mar-a-Lago resort Saturday, spoke by phone with Greene this past week to express his disapproval for her efforts to oust Johnson, according to people familiar with the conversation. Trump told her that such a move risked destabilizing the party ahead of his rematch with President Biden this fall, these people said."
    Like a race car driver except this is before the race has occurred, Trump is shifting blame already. Trump doesn’t have a chance in hell to win and I wish he had figured that out the other year and gone away, quietly would have been ideal.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Why the R's never wind up on top.......

Never band together to defeat the D's.........

Too busy pointing fingers at each other............

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    What are republicans so busy doing right now?
    They are for the next few months ensuring we can reelect them. If R's dont get elected, D's will and the problem gets logarithmicly worse.

there is always an excuse. Either they are the minority party, or they need more of a majority. Never results.
    Your strawmanning again... in recent years, Pelosi served as Speaker for longer than anyone than Tip O'Neill if I am not misstaken so K. McCarthy and M. Johnson are pretty solid compared to that..

Your excuses are like someone saying that that they are going to go on a diet, but not until next year, so they might as well get as fat as possible until then.
    Strawman YET AGAIN. NO ONE is suggesting the equivalent of "getting as fat as possible". I am an endurance athlete and competed at an elite level for many years. If you come into an event overweight, you can't cut calories AND race effectively so you fuel for the race and lean up after.

if you want to play the long game then you can start by not making excuses for why it makes sense to have a speaker who will undermine it.
    Strawman...
    The long game is about holding onto what gains you can without risking losses. Johnson isn't that bad... He alone couldn't have stopped the legislation you find so onerous from being passed.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    d682a926fe60cf8bbd42709ce64981d5.jpg

Last edited:

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    the latest…

a couple of excerpts from the article above:

- House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) bragged on CBS about controlling the House floor agenda — a characterization many conservatives agree with. “Even though we’re in the minority, we effectively have been governing as if we were in the majority because we continue to provide a majority of the votes necessary to get things done,” he said.

- Johnson’s “three betrayals,” Johnson ended the work to pass each of the 12 individual appropriations bills and passed a two-part omnibus bill overwhelmingly supported by Democrats, rammed through a reauthorization of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) after casting the deciding vote to kill a warrant requirement for spying on Americans, and carried out a scheme to unlock tens of billions in Ukraine aid despite promising not to do so without addressing the border crisis.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    They are for the next few months ensuring we can reelect them. If R's dont get elected, D's will and the problem gets logarithmicly worse.

Your strawmanning again... in recent years, Pelosi served as Speaker for longer than anyone than Tip O'Neill if I am not misstaken so K. McCarthy and M. Johnson are pretty solid compared to that..

Strawman YET AGAIN. NO ONE is suggesting the equivalent of "getting as fat as possible". I am an endurance athlete and competed at an elite level for many years. If you come into an event overweight, you can't cut calories AND race effectively so you fuel for the race and lean up after.

Strawman...
    The long game is about holding onto what gains you can without risking losses. Johnson isn't that bad... He alone couldn't have stopped the legislation you find so onerous from being passed.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    d682a926fe60cf8bbd42709ce64981d5.jpg
    What gains have we had? We’ve had an opportunity to avoid democrats doing everything we hate by getting a Republican to do everything we hate?

You think after this election they won’t be focused on the next election? Is this time somehow different? You’re just making excuses for why we should continue electing/appointing people who won’t do their job. Our country will continue to go down the drain with your thought process.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    the latest…

- House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) bragged on CBS about controlling the House floor agenda — a characterization many conservatives agree with. “Even though we’re in the minority, we effectively have been governing as if we were in the majority because we continue to provide a majority of the votes necessary to get things done,” he said.

- Johnson’s “three betrayals,” Johnson ended the work to pass each of the 12 individual appropriations bills and passed a two-part omnibus bill overwhelmingly supported by Democrats, rammed through a reauthorization of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) after casting the deciding vote to kill a warrant requirement for spying on Americans, and carried out a scheme to unlock tens of billions in Ukraine aid despite promising not to do so without addressing the border crisis.
    Exactly what I said Jeffries will become speaker keep it up.

I said when they ousted Mccarthy it was a stupid move, now the Republican lead is even smaller..keep it up Jeffries will become the leader and Pelosi the defacto..just like Joe tato isn't really in charge, keep cutting your nose till you haven't a face anymore is it ideal hell no! Better than what they're going to end up with.
    Petulant children need to grow up and learn how to think and stratigize.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    the latest…

I did not realize that the Johnson was the only Republican who voted on legislation. Silly me, I thought all the Republican representatives voted. Obviously Johnson did all this on his own without any other Republicans backing him.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I did not realize that the Johnson was the only Republican who voted on legislation. Silly me, I thought all the Republican representatives voted. Obviously Johnson did all this on his own without any other Republicans backing him.
    Yeah well they don't have the votes to pass meaningful legislation, do they....nor the desire

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Exactly what I said Jeffries will become speaker keep it up.

I said when they ousted Mccarthy it was a stupid move, now the Republican lead is even smaller..keep it up Jeffries will become the leader and Pelosi the defacto..just like Joe tato isn't really in charge, keep cutting your nose till you haven't a face anymore is it ideal hell no! Better than what they're going to end up with.
    Petulant children need to grow up and learn how to think and stratigize.

So they threaten us with Jeffries if we oust the guy currently installed by the uniparty? Sounds like there is no point in having republicans. Challenge accepted though. Maybe then people will finally wake up to the change that needs to happen.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Your bizarre, condescending post is getting the best of you

You need to pay attention and read… he, a$$hole Speaked Johnson, did it (passed this garbage) with only 86 of his 218 Republican colleagues supporting it

Therefore, he voted against the majority of this own party to get this sh*t, unconstitutional legislation (spying on citizens with no warrants) passed… he even broke the tie!

sure 86 other a$$hole republicans voted for it… and also need to be ousted…

BUT THIS A$$HOLE SPEAKER broke the tie to get it passed

he needs to go

see below

Eighty-six House Republicans voted against an amendment to the FISA reauthorization bill which would have added a warrant requirement to prevent the U.S. government from spying on Americans without their knowledge.

The vote tally on the amendment, introduced by Republican Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs, was 212-212, with House Speaker Mike Johnson casting the tiebreaker vote against it. Among the Republicans who voted for the legislation without Biggs’ amendment are Johnson, Majority Leader Steve Scalise, Majority Whip Tom Emmer and Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw.

Top Bottom