• ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Where will this end?

In a statement, the cable provider said, "Time Warner Cable has policies in place that govern the kind of advertising we accept. Under that policy, we no longer accept ads showing semi-automatic weapons and guns pointed at people. We stand by this policy. If it's essential to a business owner to show this kind of imagery in their commercials, there are other advertising options in the marketplace."

When we asked if the cable provider would also ban similar programming,
    TWC said no.

ONLY ON 3: Gun shop says Time Warner Cable anti-gun policy violating rights | WWAY NewsChannel 3 | Wilmington NC News
    Guns International

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Hmm, well it is their company. Not saying that it's right or I agree with it but technically they do reserve that right. On the other hand maybe they shouldn't show fast food, alcohol or vehicle advertising either since those all play parts in the leading causes of death in America. A step over the line in my opinion but how one would go about addressing this issue without intruding in on another one is beyond me.

458Lott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Midland, Texas
    I don't agree with it but they can do what they want with their company... its unfortunate that other companies (Hobby Lobby) aren't entitled to that right though.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    What I hate is that my apartment complex has a contract with TWC stating that they are the only service provider I can use. Regardless of their political views, in which I vehemently disagree, their service is terrible.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    So every time they show an ad for Schwarzenegger's new movie, or the upcoming Die Hard sequel, or "GI Joe:Retaliation", you should call in a complaint and point out that they're violating their oh-so-progressive policy. Demand a refund for that month's bill because of it.

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    I have always hated this company anyway.

I do too. I had them before I moved to The Woodlands. Terrible service! When I moved, they told me to give my equipment to the technician who came to turn off the cable (which I did). A few months later I get a bill for the equipment. They thought I had kept it. A couple of calls later it was taken care of but I never should have had to deal with it.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I disagree with it but they have every right to do it. Not sure it means much though... When was the last time you saw a gun ad on TV??

There used to be a block of programming called Don't Be a Victim on spike. Half the ads were for guns (Beretta, Ruger, and S&W mostly) or gun accessories. I don't recall any of them actually being pointed at anyone, though. I remember wishing these ads were played on regular tv, too. It would be nice to further normalize gun ownership / piss off liberals.

Even though it was cancelled you can still check out the show here: DBV Episode 15

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Haha. Good catch Aces.
    And as usual, many of the comments below the poll are hilariously stupit!

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Hmm, well it is their company. Not saying that it's right or I agree with it but technically they do reserve that right. On the other hand maybe they shouldn't show fast food, alcohol or vehicle advertising either since those all play parts in the leading causes of death in America. A step over the line in my opinion but how one would go about addressing this issue without intruding in on another one is beyond me.
    I would normally agree... but they lobby for and accept government-mandated local monopolies. When you let the government tell citizens that you're the only cable provider they can go to, you lose a lot of your rights to run your business as you like.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lib troll?

"As a veteran I am aware that there is is only one purpose for an assault rifle, its not for target practice, its not for hunting, and hopefully its not for home invasion, it is to kill and/or mame your enemy. The power behind such a projectile will tear through an interior wall with enough force to kill someone in another room. For Gods sake why do we need to sell the banana clips too for these weapons.
    I have no problem with anyone owning a hunting rifle or shotgun to be used for hunting, taget practice, or home invasion.
    I hear the arguement all the time that it is our 2nd admendment right to bear arms. Think back into the times when the constitution was written, if we want to take it litterally, how many different types of weapons were available? How many different types are available now? If we do not stop this love affair with weaponry soon people will be wanting RPG's, 50 calibers, and a M60. Hey they are great to clear a beaver dams are house demolision. In all seriousness no one want to take away our right to bear arms, just the weapons of war."

I don't buy the veteran BS for one second.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This one lacks in deductive reasoning skills and was unable to translate "guns don't kill people" in to any exams without getting it ass backwards, lmao.

"I have a question to all automatic gun owners. If you continue to say that "guns don't kill people, people kill people", than I would guess that if someone who kills innocent people while driving, you would also say that the car killed those innocent people, not the driver. Or lets take it a little farther, shall we!!!!
    If someone kills a group of innocent people with a bomb, then it was the bomb who killed the people not the person wearing the bomb or detonating the bomb.
    One last statement.
    The Constitutional amendment that you murderers hide behind was written when weapons were single shot weapons not something that would fire 50 shots in 10 seconds. It was written so men could come to the aide of his country or his family or his neighbor. It wasn't written so nuts could get their hands on weapons that could wipe out a whole elementary school.
    Maybe if your family were wiped out by a nut with an automatic weapon then the next time you go deer hunting with a 60 or 40 round clip and 5 more in your pack you might just ask yourself.
    Why did I need sooooooo many shots just to bring down that one defensless deer?"

That's right, this great academic mind views us all as murderers......dumbass.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    They can do as they please but we don't need to excuse it. Remember. "The friend of my enemy is my enemy." Fight them by taking your Dollars elsewhere.

Flash

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    This one lacks in deductive reasoning skills and was unable to translate "guns don't kill people" in to any exams without getting it ass backwards, lmao.

"I have a question to all automatic gun owners. If you continue to say that "guns don't kill people, people kill people", than I would guess that if someone who kills innocent people while driving, you would also say that the car killed those innocent people, not the driver. Or lets take it a little farther, shall we!!!!
    If someone kills a group of innocent people with a bomb, then it was the bomb who killed the people not the person wearing the bomb or detonating the bomb.
    One last statement.
    The Constitutional amendment that you murderers hide behind was written when weapons were single shot weapons not something that would fire 50 shots in 10 seconds. It was written so men could come to the aide of his country or his family or his neighbor. It wasn't written so nuts could get their hands on weapons that could wipe out a whole elementary school.
    Maybe if your family were wiped out by a nut with an automatic weapon then the next time you go deer hunting with a 60 or 40 round clip and 5 more in your pack you might just ask yourself.
    Why did I need sooooooo many shots just to bring down that one defensless deer?"

I replied to that one. It is beyond stupid.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    The Constitutional amendment that you murderers hide behind was written when weapons were single shot weapons not something that would fire 50 shots in 10 seconds.

That was my favorite. He implies we should only be allowed to have muskets while our enemies can have ANY type weapon they dream up.

As for calling us murders well, that's just beyond ridiculous.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom