• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Sweet! I wont have to strip the side lever!!

Heres the email convo:

Xxxx,

WE get packages everyday from UPS, Fedx, and the US postal service. We have no preference.

Yes $15.00 is for each small part, and yes a stop lever is $15.00 and no you do not need to strip it first, we will do that.

Turnaround time for us is 7-10 business days. Let me know if you have any other questions.

John

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Xxxxxxxxx wrote:
    Ill be sending yall a hand polished, presentation, HK usp slide. What shipper do yall prefer?

Also, page 3 list small parts for $15. Is this one single part? Say the slide stop lever? Does it need to be striped first?

Thanks Xxxxxxxx

Sent from Texas

--

John Salazar
    Marketing & Sales Director
    Coating Services Group
    11649 Riverside Dr., Suite 139
    Lakeside, CA 92040
    Office: 619-596-7444
    Cell: 858-229-6820
    www.coatingservicesgroup.com
    www.titaniumgun.com
    www.tinbraces.com
    www.ionfusion.com

"Sent from a iBong6"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Oh yeah.

They say they coat anything but aluminum, pot metal, bronze.

The bcg runs $120. You could prolly buy a new set already coated for like $150(?)

Screen shot of prices.

8b5bf227cafa0256c1e081353aef0a75.jpg

"Sent from a iBong6"

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Holy crap. This stainless is hard. Figured I'd hit with white compound and it be done. Nope. This damn sure isn't a Ruger P89. Thats for sure.

Im having to polish with black compound. Which barely takes out the 2000grit scratches. Ill have to use brown after that. Then White, the final being green.

Freaking Germans.

"Sent from a iBong6"

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I was thinking the tennifer was in the metal and it would still be protected even if it was polished. I coulda swore there was a thread on that. I'm too sleepy to check right now.

Your slide looks pretty good polished like that. I like it.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I was thinking the tennifer was in the metal and it would still be protected even if it was polished. I coulda swore there was a thread on that. I'm too sleepy to check right now.

Removing the black coating is different from polishing, i.e., polishing is more invasive and will remove some of the surface metal, where the Tenifer "resides."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Plus when you polish a barrel. Say you remove .02 off the surface. That .04 thousandth of play of the barrel in the slides bushing. If you want some bling, polish the chamber hood. Top and sides only. Its dimensions are less critcal. Consider Engine turning the hood. It will help keep it from rusting.

The last pic before shes mailed tommorrow. Shes scratchless. Im not kidding. Final polish with 2000. I have no finger prints left. Ive had to back up to 600 three times. 5 hours 800. 3 hours 1000...Dremel polishing was a waste of time. I had to remove scratches everytime I picked it up. I kept finding new ones. I stuck it in the shipping box, swore Shes ready. Only to wake up, pull her out and find scratches. Or things I didnt remove back with 400-600. Didnt give up. Its gotta be perfect. And it is.

I also learned. When changing grits. Use a new towel, new water, wash the sandpaper off, wash the slide like your finished. One grain of the previous grit will really jack it up.

2000 grit polishes it to chrome. No scratches can be seen. What you see here was what I thought was finished. 3 more hours was needed. I didnt take a picture of the final final. You couldn't tell from a picture the marks I had to remove. Were talking fine hair laying on a mirror type stuff.

6995cc87936ae82d07a4210f642cc827.jpg

Its to the point, Im afraid to touch it. For fear of leaving a scratch. Im sure I went over board. But Titanium Nitride doesn't fill, build up on edges, and its super thin. Every time I thought I was finished, I wasn't. Still scratched. But, I finally did it. Kept the proof marks. Lines still sharp. The serrations got really sharp too. Truley scratchless.

Titanium nitride... Its my choice to protect the hours of work I did, look pretty, and when I stick it in a holster, not get tore up like gold, silver, nickle. Im not gonna pretend its gold either. This is intentional.

3x harder then hard chrome.....more durable then parkarizing.....we'll see about that.

If anyone would like to see this pistol in person, shoot it. Come to the next TGT Hicksville meet.

"Sent from a iBong6"

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Mailed today...

Slide was stuffed in a females Hanes ankle sock, that into a second heavy females calf sock, paper taped, then stuck in a third sock. The twin to the second. Wrapped that with a t-shirt. Paper taped. Placed in a shoe box, padded with lots of ruffled HEB bags on all sides. Then all that was packed in this box:

de67ed79ba4787b10be1c02c59676ef5.jpg

Duct taped, Glass' written all over the box.

For once in my life, Ill have me a top end, gold colored pistol. Life lead to a HK USP pistol. This thing was made for 40cal. Ive had so many pistols and revolvers....time for something new. Gold plating is delicate. 24k gold is soft as lead. Gotta wear gloves to touch it. Then I came across this TiN stuff.

Custom' Pimped out, looks like you just pulled it out a silk lined case, sidearm. You can actually shoot.

"Sent from a iBong6"

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'm in the stress stage. Shes in the hands if the post office.

This sure does have me thinking of gold firearms. AK's look like they were made for it. Desert eagle also.

1911 springfileds. TiN coating:

d2ccd3d9b085c5514af8acd881963d5e.jpg

75eb3e45832bba2909259aae59cb457c.jpg

These examples are handsome handguns. But still no love fir gold firearms. Guess its just my taste.

Id also use a single blade, english made razor in gold.

Check out how black the the hood of the barrel is. On the above pic. Thats deep black. The black makes the gold pop.

Id get a small frame S&W plated. They look sharp gold.

068ab68dce299e9fe426a309a48cdafd.jpg

"Sent from a iBong6"

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Me too. I used to have an article on how to sharpen hand plane blades to cut atoms. Basically a similar thing - multi sandpaper grits (stopped at 1200) on three angles (like a good valve job) done on a piece of tempered glass. I could cut the end-grain on boards and it looked like glass.

Scary Sharp (tm) Remember when Steve LaMantia first posted that method on the wRec back in the mid nineties. The back of a handplane iron will look like grasshopperglock's slide.

Here she is touched up with white polish, dremel. She still has fine scratches Ill work out the rest the day.

Shes 90% done. And its about time. I didnt polish the rear of the slide. Ive taken cues from the 1911 crowd. Where they serrate the rear of the slide to help with glare. She may be pretty, but shes still has to work, correctly.

Great thread and excellent play by play! Can't wait to see the finish. Thanks!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The plater emailed me today. They say it looks good, they'll plate it.

7-10 days. That usually means 4 days.

I was looking at their photo gallery of examples they've plated. Guess their doing the plating for LoneWolf. From what I can tell, all the TiN coated Glock barrels floating around. Might be their handiwork.

"Sent from a iBong6"

Last edited:
    Top Bottom