• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    "We want to update you on a recent change in reciprocity with Minnesota that, as of August 1, may affect your travel plans. Due to recently passed firearms reform laws, Minnesota will no longer recognize Texas or Missouri concealed carry licenses. This means Texas and Missouri license holders may no longer legally carry concealed or open in the State of Minnesota using their state-issued carry license."

Hurley's Gold

leo_D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2015
    Minnesota has the largest population of home grown theorist in the country band Texans from their legal guns that make sense good luck Minnesota your going to need it

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Their state, their rules:

• Missouri passed a law in 2014 to allow 19-year-old military personnel and veterans to obtain a permit. Minnesota law does not allow issuing permits to anyone under 21.
    • Texas passed a law in 2014 to allow 19-year-old military personnel and veterans to obtain a permit. Minnesota law does not allow issuing permits to anyone under 21.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Same reason why Washington doesn't accept Texas CHL, though any out-of-stater can get a Washington CHL, no class or anything.

This ticks me off since I've been to Minnesota within the last year. Almost makes me wish Texas did away with the service members/veterans under 21 thing. It makes a special class of those folks. They are no more deserving or responsible than any other citizen under 21 years old who may be disabled, have a young family he/she needs to protect. People in the military can't drink in Texas if they are under 21, so why change the rules for this?

Just checked Minnesota's site, they issue non-resident permits, no class in-state needed, just proof you have taken a class, and probably finger prints. Apply at any sheriff's office. I would make sure to do it in a pro-2nd amend county though.

Last edited:

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Hell, this is probably a tax thing as much as anything else.

Only interest I had in Minnesota was the Sawtooth Mountains. I grew less interested when I learned the highest elevation in Minnesota is 2,300 feet.

McClintock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    I keep finding more imperial data proving this is the best state to live in. I think this new ruling in Minnesota concludes my research.

Still waiting for the hypothetical SCOTUS case (not holding my breath) that if gay marriage has to be accepted everywhere, so do CHL's.

Of course commonsense and equality of ruling has nothing to do with federal mindests.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The18-20 year olds are serving in the military, we are at war. They are entrusted to bear arms and die in the service of their country. If you do not see where there should be an exemption for them, you can go **** yourself right into another state that Minnesota will acknowledge the carry permit for.
    Agree. Hopefully they see this and change their policy. They are pretty liberal though.

Top Bottom