• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    My thoughts go out to those who are in the Austin area being affected by the fires. I hope every member on here in those areas are safe and no one gets hurt. Stay safe. Remember you can replace a home, but can't replace yourself or loved ones!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Damn. Is the fire so big it's from Bastrop to Austin or is it wind direction and threat?
    All the best to those affected and those fighting the fires.

Oddly, once again I stepped outside minutes ago and smelled smoke.

2Many

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Dripping Springs, TX
    There are multiple fires in and around Austin tonight. Bastrop has 3 going on, one in Pfluegerville, liberty Hill and a bad one in Steiner Ranch. Also on the west side is what they are calling Pedernales Fire one that has burned over 400 acres so far. Im in N hays county and about 5 miles east of the Pedernales Fire one. We have been packed and ready to evac for about 3 hours but it looks like we may be OK at least for tonight. My prayesrs go out to all of those affected by the fires, those still in the paths of these fires and the men and women that are fighting them.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Damn. Is the fire so big it's from Bastrop to Austin or is it wind direction and threat?
    All the best to those affected and those fighting the fires.

Oddly, once again I stepped outside minutes ago and smelled smoke.
    Last I heard, the Bastrop fire was 6 x 16 MILES of active or burnt land(and the homes/businesses, of course) Nowhere near as densely developed as Austin, but that's no help to those who already lost their homes...300 at last count.

The unusual NNE winds are 'protecting' us in north-north Austin...nothing to the north/east at this point. That tinder box of a greenbelt behind us could go up in a flash. Our neighborhood has seen under 4" of rain for the YEAR! Last significant rain was Sept 6 a year ago 13" in ONE day! Practically nothing since.

Good luck to those affected and those emergency responders on the scene(s).

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    I hope everyone pulls through okay.

You made it out with the guns, though, right?

The most important part, we are safe. We had enough time to grab irreplaceable items. Things like artwork, family photos, as to the guns..... We grabbed the family heirlooms and the title II stuff. I figured everything else can be replaced. When we left, even though the fire was still some distance away, it was snowing ash. That was very..... surreal.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    The most important part, we are safe. We had enough time to grab irreplaceable items. Things like artwork, family photos, as to the guns..... We grabbed the family heirlooms and the title II stuff. I figured everything else can be replaced. When we left, even though the fire was still some distance away, it was snowing ash. That was very..... surreal.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I was driving back from Houston and I could see the glow all the way on 290. I think I speak for all the concerned here on TGT and our thoughts are with your family and the others affected.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    For those who do not know, 281@ Stone Oak/Evans Rd area has had some mandatory evacuations, and is roughly 30% contained. As has been stated previously, be careful with your families and loved ones, including your 4 legged family members.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Everything looks okay in Mustang Ridge. Our neighborhood was evauated but I stayed. Talking to the sheriff's deputies I found out that there have been a lot of burglaries in the evauated areas. If you are evacuated, seure what ever you do not take with you.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom