Hurley's Gold

To Trade or not to Trade, that is the Question...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    I have been seriously thinking of trading my G21SF for another G22. Maybe I am nuts, maybe it is sacreligious, but I am tired of searching for 45 ACP ammo, bullets and the ilk. I can find 40 S&W all day long, but 45 ACP, I might as well try finding hen's teeth.

Someone, anyone, please, feed me your opinions. Am I crazy? Well, that is debatable. But am I just kicking stones or is this a serious disease?

Even comparing the 40 S&W to the 45ACP there's not much difference between the two, except bullet size, and the .40's are so much more accessible than 45 right now.

This has been a dilemma for me going on for a few months now. Maybe, just maybe, there is some light at the end of the tunnel...

Brad L.
    Texas SOT

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Sold my 1911 and dumped the money into my Glock 23 for the same reason. At some point I will buy another, but just didnt see the point when ammo was so damn hard to find....

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    See, and that's one of the reasons that I want to trade or sell it for a G22, because I cannot, cannot find any 45 ACP ammo anywhere locally, well, that someone doesnt want an arm and a leg for it. And going to Wal-Mart here, hell, I might as well load stones up in it, because I am not going to find any there.

And the other thing is, I dont want to get rid of all of my LEO ammo, because frankly, I kinda like what I have in stock right now. I dunno... We'll see...

Brad L.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You're not crazy at all. Personally, I'd do it. The next handgun I'm looking at buying is a G22 as well. Cool thing about the G22 is you can also get a .357Sig barrel so you can shoot that caliber without any custom work (drops right in and you can even use the same mags), plus you can also get a 9mm conversion barrel and with the G17 mags you can do that caliber as well. Throw in a .22lr upper and now you are up to 4 total calibers on one gun, which is pretty versatile for a handgun.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Ok, I have decided... I am going to try and trade my G21SF for a G22. But now another delimma... All of this 45 ACP ammo that I have on hand. Do I trade the pistol for even and sale the ammo later on? Or try to find someone that has the pistol and a comprable amount of ammo and trade that way. Sighs... what to do, what to do...

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    100 rounds of Winchester Ranger T-Series 230 gr., one box +P the other not, with 12 loose rounds of +P.
    140 rounds of PMC Bronze 230 gr.
    1 box of Winchester PDX1 230 gr, 24 are the bonded rounds with an extra +P Ranger round to fill the box.
    20 Rounds of Golden Sabre 185 gr
    17 Rounds of Magtech 165 gr +P SCHP
    and 43 rounds of 230 gr Hydra-Shoks and another 100 rounds of reloaded ammo, all Win cased Hornady 230 FMJ over 6.8 gr of Power Pistol.
    A total of a little over 450 rounds of ammo.
    Plus about 400+ empty cases of 45ACP.

The pistol itself has about 500 rounds through it and is a damned fine shooter.

Brad L.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Makes sense to me!

I still think the "SF" Glock 45s are too thick and chunky. The 22/17 size Glock feels better.

I have a Glock 22 and have hot rodded the daylights out of it and yes, the G22 is a great defensive pistol. 15 rounds of 40SW ought to get the job done. Couple that with Glock's reliaiblity and toughness and the fact that the 15 shot G22 is still smaller than many fullsize 9mm and yes...the G22 has alot going for it.

I too enjoy having a 40. Back when all the ammo shortage madness was going on...there was rarely any 9mm and never any 45 and man oh man was I glad ot have a 40! LOL

Today, 9mm is everywhere as is 40 but you're right...45 ball is hard to find and sky high at the places that have it. I shoot my 9mms and 40s alot more now and have gon to carrying the 40s 100% of the time.

Summit Gun Broker has some screaming deals on Glock 22s right now.

- brickboy240

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    What do you want for the ammo? I dont know how hard .45 ammo is to find, I load my own, but there was a guy behind me in line yesterday at Academy, he had 2-250 round UMC mega packs and he said they were only 99.00 each, thats only 20.00 box, sounds pretty cheap to me for factory?

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I saw a bunch at academy today and walmart yesterday.

If you don't want to lose your 45, just wait a little while longer.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    45 ammo is available online and it is coming available in the stores

I just picked up 250 Remington bulk pack at academy yesterday.
    If you can wait a bit I would hold off

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom