Target Sports

Today is Veretans Day, and where is our POTUS???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Once again O-JACKA$$ and his 3000 person Entourage is off GALAVANTING the globe for some Bullshit Nonsense he continues to come up with!! and so far NOTHING has worked but at least he's on another fun filled exciting trip!! its funny they DONT schedule these things AROUND our GREAT COUNTRYS respected obvious HOLIDAYS!!!!! to me its like spitting in our Veterans faces to not be here to pay HIS respects!!!!!!!!!!! instead our soldiers get "Joe The Dumba$$ Biteme"!!
    Capitol Armory ad

RWSutt33

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    RGV
    He was on the base in Korea, and his wife is in Germany at the army base, but yes he should have been at the wreath laying ceremony at Arlington.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    This reminds me of how disappointed I was when he was running for office and there was veterans standing behind him in support. I would just ask myself why...how...what the....????!!!

pyrat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Allen, Texas
    This reminds me of how disappointed I was when he was running for office and there was veterans standing behind him in support. I would just ask myself why...how...what the....????!!!

Doesn't mean they agree with him. A lot of the background on these events is for show and the people there, be they military, police, fire or whatever are ordered to be there, so don't read too much into who you see in the background.

MilHist2.jpg

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    An interesting read on this subject.

Obama AWOL on Veterans Day
    By Charles Hurt, NY Post

Today is Veterans Day. Do you know where your president is? With his feeble flame of "hope" thoroughly doused here in the United States by last week's elections, President Obama has set out around the globe in search of throngs still enthralled by his flowery rhetoric.

He found them, of course, in Indonesia this week by telling them about how Americans must stop mistrusting Islam.

So that is why your president is halfway around the world instead of being here in the United States to celebrate the sacrifices American soldiers, sailors and airmen have made around the world to keep the real, still-burning flame of freedom alive.

Obama honored our veterans from afar by laying a wreath during a ceremony at an Army base in South Korea last night. That is a distance from here matched only by the chasm that has opened up between him and the voters who elected him two years ago.

This aloofness of his really is becoming a problem.

Not that Obama doesn't appreciate the sacrifices of veterans. He absolutely does. Just ask the Indonesians. He was in Jakarta for their Heroes Day this week to honor their veterans "who have sacrificed on behalf of this great country."

"This great country," of course, being Indonesia.

"When my stepfather was a boy, he watched his own father and older brother leave home to fight and die in the struggle for Indonesian independence," Obama told the audience.

And the White House wonders why so many people think there is something foreign about this guy.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    He was at the G-20 summit, representing the United States as he is suppose to. He also spent time with US troops on Veterans Day at the US Army garrison in Yongsan, so he is doing exactly what we pay him for.

I don't like the guy either, but these stupid threads are not productive either. Find a more substantive subject to criticize him on, these baseless allegations are only demonstrating pure ignorance...

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Original post by majormadmax:....these stupid threads are not productive either. Find a more substantive subject to criticize him on, these baseless allegations are only demonstrating pure ignorance...
    Okay, guilty as charged with my sarcastic Mein Kampf comment, i'll accept that. Although it was intended to display my political views of BHO by the use of literary sarcastic wit, i knew it borderlined on the inappropriate since like it or not, the man does hold the office of POTUS.

Having said that, i now say-first, in response to your description of this or any thread being stupid and nonproductive- this forum is an avenue for those who wish to freely express their opinions, observations, their WHATEVERs, through civil discourse.
    Secondly, in response to your command to
    find a more substantive subject .....
    - the last time i googled, we are free people with first amendment rights ( oh my, there i go again); further, we have no need nor desire for thought policing. Thirdly, in response to your appraisal of the postings prior to yours on this thread as demonstrations of pure ignorance- having said all of the above, it would be purely hypocritical of me to make any attempt to censor your right to express your opinion on this forum - I only ask that when so doing you show others the same civility that i feel i have shown toward you in this post.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Okay, guilty as charged with my sarcastic Mein Kampf comment, i'll accept that. Although it was intended to display my political views of BHO by the use of literary sarcastic wit, i knew it borderlined on the inappropriate since like it or not, the man does hold the office of POTUS.

Having said that, i now say-first, in response to your description of this or any thread being stupid and nonproductive- this forum is an avenue for those who wish to freely express their opinions, observations, their WHATEVERs, through civil discourse.
    Secondly, in response to your command to - the last time i googled, we are free people with first amendment rights ( oh my, there i go again); further, we have no need nor desire for thought policing. Thirdly, in response to your appraisal of the postings prior to yours on this thread as demonstrations of pure ignorance- having said all of the above, it would be purely hypocritical of me to make any attempt to censor your right to express your opinion on this forum - I only ask that when so doing you show others the same civility that i feel i have shown toward you in this post.

WOW!! Way to go Alamo Ann!!!!!!!

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    this forum is an avenue for those who wish to freely express their opinions, observations, their WHATEVERs, through civil discourse.

And your "opinion, observation, whatever" is that veterans feel that you are doing them a service by slamming the President?

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    And your "opinion, observation, whatever" is that veterans feel that you are doing them a service by slamming the President?

BEING a Veteran and knowing a LOT of Veterans as well as guys on active duty, the vast majority feel the MAN in the OFFICE of POTUS has slammed them at every turn...and have NO respect for the MAN, but the ULTIMATE respect for the OFFICE.

In the words of one of the men on the Air Force One crew, "there can never be enough soap to get the scum off of me after being just 10 feet from the man".

The OFFICE gets the respect, NOT the man in it...THAT part has to be earned, and it has not been.

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Originally posted by Clockwork And your "opinion, observation, whatever" is that veterans feel that you are doing them a service by slamming the President?
    I had previously owned up to the borderline inappropriateness of my comment toward BHO in that it held the possibility of being interpreted as being a slam against the SACRED OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:

Originally posted by Alamo Ann: Okay, guilty as charged with my sarcastic Mein Kampf comment, i'll accept that. Although it was intended to display my political views of BHO by the use of literary sarcastic wit, i knew it borderlined on the inappropriate since like it or not, the man does hold the office of POTUS.
    Now to the question proposed to me:

I BELIEVE THAT IF I, AS AN AMERICAN, ENJOYING THE CIVIL LIBERTIES AFFORDED TO ME BY THE UNITED STATE'S CONSTITUTION- FRAMED, UPHELD AND DEFENDED BY THE SACRIFICIAL BLOOD OF TRUE PATRIOTS-SHOULD EVER COWER IN FEAR FROM EXPRESSING MY OPINIONS REGARDING THOSE THAT GOVERN OVER US---- IT IS PRECISELY AT THAT POINT THAT I HAVE DISHONORED OUR VETERANS.

Can you hear me now?

Top Bottom