Texas SOT

Today is Your Last Chance to comment on ATF41P!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    In light of all the other anti-gun crap this administration has pulled or tried to pull, does anybody really believe they won't go through with this?
    Lynx Defense

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    So based on history would it probably grandfather pending submissions?

We are under the impression if it happens, there will be a date set it goes into effect. Basically, if it does happen they will put it into effect 30-60 days after. So pending submissions, and new submissions until X date will most likely be fine.

A larger problem will be inventory if it goes through... there could be a panic mode to buy products.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Dang, no .22, now they are buying up all the M855, AND we are looking at a possible suppressor shortage!

:roflsmile:

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    In light of all the other anti-gun crap this administration has pulled or tried to pull, does anybody really believe they won't go through with this?

It's a complicated issue. We have had "final action dates" that got pushed back. So, it could just get pushed back and pushed back more for who knows how long.

It's not "banning" anything, it just makes the trust route a whole lot more work. I'm as opposed to it as you are, but also realize that there's bills for "Shall sign" regarding CLEO and NFA items. If 41P makes things complicated, I can see a "shall sign" bill going through. More work, but if you want a NFA item it still can happen.

The question though, if everyone with a trust had to get CLEO signoff and prints taken... what will that do on an economic level. $200 is a steep tax for little work on the ATF's side. Money talks...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have been wondering if requiring signatures would give some solid footing for someone to go to court and try to get a judgement for "shall sign".

Not sure how it would work, but it seems like if people have no other option it would be solid grounds for infringement. And if the case went high enough it could also possibly effect states that ban suppressors altogether (and maybe strike down Texas's silly NFA laws).

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not sure I agree. It very well could, but the ATF is spending a lot of extra money right now trying to keep up with form 4s. Eforms has removed much of the load and helped them keep up.

41P would screw that up and may put everything back to paper. With the volume they are dealing with now, I really don't think the ATF wants that.

I'm just speculating.

( in response to Rebel)

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    E-Forms (well, according to ATF) should be back in action for Form 4's at the end of the year. So... they're at least trying to get E-Forms working smoothly again. (I wish they would just get them working on Wednesday, that's frustrating.)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    E-Forms (well, according to ATF) should be back in action for Form 4's at the end of the year. So... they're at least trying to get E-Forms working smoothly again. (I wish they would just get them working on Wednesday, that's frustrating.)

That's what has me leaning toward 41P going away. Eforms on everything would save them money and let them milk the NFA cash cow more efficiently.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I still don't understand why people think 41P and eFile can't exist at same time. Trying to apply sane logic to predict govt action is insane. I hope yall are right.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    well most things you efile would need a CLEO signature and at that point it defeats the purpose.

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    I thought if we got signed off on, then we did not need to file?
    Somebody clear me up on this.

41P basically makes everyone on a trust go the individual route for an item. So if you have a trust, everyone still has to go down for CLEO signoff and all of that mess associated with the individual route. You still have to do the Form 4, submit trust, then a 4473... but now you would also have the CLEO sign and all that other hassle added into the mix.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom