• ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Congrats!
    Yes, your world will change and for the better.

Beat me to it! No greater joy than our boys. I could give up a lot of things in life, but being a father is not of them!

Next thing you know, your "baby" will be getting his/her learner's permit and will want to drive your car. Then he/she will want to go to Germany for a week with their grandmother. Next thing he/she will be going off to college.

Embrace every second of their childhood, it goes by quick!

That's going to be tough to realize when you're up at 2am with a crying baby!

God bless ya and your family!

Cheers! M2

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It always amazes me how fast kids grow up....seems like yesterday I was holding FuelFather in my arms, wonderin' if I was gonna be man enough to do the job of raising him to be a productive member of society, and able to live up to the legacy of our family here in SA since the 1860's. Fast forward 2 years, and along comes ChunkyMonkey....

Fast forward to today - both these kids have become men that I daresay any father would be proud of - strong, secure young men living decent lives with families of their own. Each of them stand on their own 2 feet, and every day I watch with pride as they walk down the pathway of life.

Hanz, I have no doubt the same thoughts will be in your own mind soon - it's a daunting challenge, but one rich in rewards as you guide them into adulthood. Love them well, spend time with them as you can - because all too soon they're gone and creating their own way through this world!

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Congratulations. Being a father is an amazing experience. Enjoy every second, even the 2am screaming parts. It will all go by so fast, next thing you know they're grown. My baby had her first last November and I can't tell you where the time went. Again, congratulations.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It always amazes me how fast kids grow up....seems like yesterday I was holding FuelFather in my arms, wonderin' if I was gonna be man enough to do the job of raising him to be a productive member of society, and able to live up to the legacy of our family here in SA since the 1860's. Fast forward 2 years, and along comes ChunkyMonkey....

Fast forward to today - both these kids have become men that I daresay any father would be proud of - strong, secure young men living decent lives with families of their own. Each of them stand on their own 2 feet, and every day I watch with pride as they walk down the pathway of life.

Hanz, I have no doubt the same thoughts will be in your own mind soon - it's a daunting challenge, but one rich in rewards as you guide them into adulthood. Love them well, spend time with them as you can - because all too soon they're gone and creating their own way through this world!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    ... spend time with them as you can ...
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    I can. Sorry Neck but ...

Spend ALL the time you possibly can with your children. Sacrifice other seemingly important things to do this. You get but ONE shot, make it count! They absorb everything, even when you think they are not paying any attention. Hell, even when they say they hate you, they are listening and learning. Again, make it count. Children are this country's future.

Top Bottom