• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saukguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Alva, Oklahoma
    Greetings from Saukguy, recently in retirement in Oklahoma. Found Texasguntalk.com/forum while searching for information about a Model 70 owned for many years by Adolph Toepperwein. He used it for target shooting and deer hunting during the forties and fifties in and around his ranch 20 miles north of San Antonio. I am hoping that perhaps some member of the forum might be able to supply me with any first-hand information about the rifle, and in particular any photos that might show the rifle and/or the world champion giving shooting lessons at his ranch "Shooting Pit" after he retired from exhibition shooting for Winchester. Winchester's factory records show a model 70 30-06 was produced in 1938 and shipped to Toepperwein Hardware Company in San Antionio in 1939. I would appreciate any names and contact info of any of Top's friends or relatives who might have memorbilia or personal knowledge. I believe there are many Toepperwein descendents living near Seguin, Texas, but I do not currently have any names of persons I could contact who might be able to help. I would like to write a brief article about Toep and some of the other guns he owned during his lifetime, but the Model 70 is the only lead I have so far. My only confirmation so far is that Toep may have given the rifle to a good friend of his named Buddy Coffee, but again the trail runs cold unless I can find someone who might be able to point me in the right direction.
    Happy shooting all, and let's hear it for a Supreme Court that finally made it clear that the Second Amendment means exactly what it says about the right of "the People" shall not be infringed. Best wishes.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Contact Bob Nagle - owner of Nagle's Gun Shop. His father, my grandparents and Ad & his wife ran together quite a bit during their time.

6201 San Pedro Avenue San Antonio, TX 78216
    (210) 342-5420

Top Bottom