• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Hey Y'all. I picked up a new book called "Tomorrow War" by a guy named J.L. Bourne. He is in the armed forces, and started his writing journey with a series called "Day by Day Armageddon" which was a trilogy of Zombie Novels.

His latest book, Tomorrow War, is a lot more about preppin' and civil unrest. Only about 80 pages in so far, but really enjoying it. It certainly has been keeping my attention unlike some prepper fictions that read more like a to-do list than a fiction novel. At any rate, thought you guys might like the suggestion.
    Texas SOT

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    That name does look familiar. I might have read his stuff before, and just don't remember what the title was. Thanks for the heads-up.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    NP guys. Hope you enjoy as much as I am. He is a pretty cool guy, big gun guy, has some Class 3 stuff no less--constantly posting pics on his social media. Anyway, he started out indie like me, his zombie books were launched indie then a publisher picked the digital rights up. That same publisher did Tomorrow War for a full on deal (Hardback, paperback, e-book, etc). I believe he's still actively serving in the military, but if writing takes off I think he may consider pursuing that full time when he is able to discharge.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Don't usually read those kind of books but looking forward to a review after you're done. Kind of sounds like an interesting read.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Yeah I read One Second After. I enjoyed it, but wasn't overly impressed with it. Without going into details to avoid spoilers, I felt like certain things came together a bit too quickly, especially towards the end. I liked it well enough that I'll likely pick up the sequel, though.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Pick up the hardback from the APL today. It is 267 pages with fairly large (subjective) type so it should be a quick read.

APL has 11 copies and some are still available; i.e., not checked out or on hold yet.

Last time I checked, APL doesn't have E-copies yet, but I didn't check today.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    One Second After - http://www.amazon.com/One-Second-Af..._mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&ref_=redir_mdp_mobile

If Tomorrow War sounds good to you, you might want to try this 2009 book. I can highly recommend it. A sequel, One Year After, has been published and is on my To Read list.
    Like most series, however, you should read One Second After first.

One Year After doesn't come out until November(September 15th correction). You can early purchase it now, I almost did the other day but I figured just to wait.
    I'll take a look at this Tomorrow War, thanks.

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy was pretty powerful.

For those who have not yet read "The Dead and Those About to Die," written by John C. McManus, I recommend it highly.

It was only through the efforts of valorous Privates, Sergeants, Lieutenants, and Captains that the landing on Omaha Beach succeeded. The planning was all flocked up. The pre-invasion bombardment never happened, and more blood was shed on Omaha than on any other landing site.

It is powerful, compelling, and a testament to the guts of the infantry when their leaders failed them.

Be well.

shinnosuke

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    San Antonio
    I'm rereading Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank. It was written in 1959, but I'm amazed at how closely various geopolitical aspects of the book mirror today's headlines. Russia, Turkey, Syria and NATO get plenty of mention in the lead up to all out nuclear war. Most of the book relates how the US survivors in a small town in Florida pull together after the nukes fall.

Mac7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2015
    South of Dallas

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I remember reading Alas Babylon and On the Beach back in High School and having to write 'book reports' in the early 70s.
    I started school in 1960 we still did the 'DUCK AND COVER' drills during the 'Cold War'.

What's old is NEW again????

bob

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Read Day of Wrath by William Forstchen, same author as One Second After and One Year After. This one will curl your hair

Top Bottom