• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Edit: The next class in Victoria is Oct 16-17.

The cost of the class is not bad at $425, but you also have to factor in hotel, meals, and ammo. Two nights at the Fairfeild will run you about $140, and ammo, well that is up to you, plan on about 1k worth of pistol and around 100 or so for rifle on the advanced side, if you are on the beginner side about 600 or so handgun and no rifle. If you do not have a rifle to bring I have no problem letting a shooter use mine at the class. DA and I both completed their instructor course last week, I have been through three of his courses, and learn more every time. Defense Training International, Inc. this is the link to DTI's website, their schedule is there as well as a section called "Quips and Quotes" which is worth the four weeks it will take you to read through...
    Venture Surplus ad

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Ditto. Over the course of 2 days, you'll spend about 24 hours in training; most of which you'll be shooting. We have orientation about 7 Friday night, show up at the range around 8:30 am and shoot until just before dark. Then they cater BBQ, we eat, then we shoot some more after dark. The night shooting is the best! Sunday is the hard work. We work on the rotators, strong side, support side, either side unsupported, stoppage and mag change drills, including one-handed stoppage and mag changes! Then we administer the test so you get your pin. Fun stuff. When's it's over, you'll be thinking "thank God that's over" and "Damn, I want to shoot some more!"

We usually go down as a group. As we get closer to the date, I'm sure we'll be talking about it

And in case you got the wrong impression, I'm in no way bragging about my abilities. Even as an instructor, this course is a humbling experience. I'm just pointing out that many people (not necessarily you, Dirt) brag about their shooting abilities when the extent of their shooting involves a static paper target in a 4x4 box. There's so much more!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom