• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    It's a shame they missed the Pruitt Igoe subsidized low rent housing project in Saint Louis. Originally built to provide affordable housing for inner city residents it was so deadly and crime ridden that it was completely demolished! Chicago tried the same social experiment with identical results.

Flash
    Gun Zone Deals

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Somehow I'm not surprised at anything here, except that Saginaw beat out Flint. When I moved back to Texas, Flint had actually topped the FBI's violent cities list for all of Michigan after Saginaw held the spot two years in a row.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I did some thinking about Wells and North Avenues in Chicago and remembered some things.

Wells & North Avenues were the center of the "Old Town" area that was wall to wall people walking through the shops and food/beer joints. It was very crowded in the evenings and on weekends. Smart people got the Hell out of there by 10-11pm when criminal activity picked up heavily. Low rent subsidized housing was located a few blocks away and things got damned dangerous after 10pm. I'm not sure what caused that. I think the thugs probably got a good buzz going by 10pm but it was like someone clicked a switch. The place changed from a location to take a date into a place you evacuated pronto!

I had my lady with me and we got near our car to leave. 6-7 thugs started approaching us as we entered the car to leave. They began yelling at us at a distance of 20-30 yards. I shoved her in the car, hit the gas and pealed out. Two weeks later, a guy and his lady had exactly the same thing happen except they shot and killed him through the drivers side door. Dead right there. The newspaper published a picture of his car door with a bullet hole in it. I knew I used up a free pass on that one.

Another time at the same location, we were attacked on the street by a group who stoned the car with bricks and pieces of concrete as we drove by.

Still another............We were walking down Wells Ave when we passed a group of bikers parked in a bunch by the curb. There was about 10 bikes and these guys were dirty, scroungy and nasty looking! They were loud, and having a riotous time. I grew up with several of the "Chicago Outlaws" biker gang and this bunch looked just like them.

Right there, a minor traffic occurred (rear end) in the heavy traffic. As is often the case in Chicago, some yelling and cursing started between the occupants of the two cars. A big black woman got out of the rear car, got into the back seat of the front car and started beating Hell out of one of those people. Guess what? Every one of the scroungy bikers pulled badges! They were all cops!

Such is life in Chicago!

Flash

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...A big black woman got out of the rear car, got into the back seat of the front car and started beating Hell out of one of those people. Guess what? Every one of the scroungy bikers pulled badges! They were all cops!
    Ever seen that Jay Leno interview on Top Gear where he talks about taking the gang-bangers on a joy ride in his McClaren?

Story starts at 3:20.

Top Bottom