• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you don't get an angry call for the boys parents, you didn't do it right.
    Hurley's Gold

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Sometimes I'm glad I never had kids. Apparently raising a daughter causes loss of sanity.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    When he arrives, act as if you're giving a tongue lashing to someone on the phone, and end the call with an ominous threat. Then come around the corner with a scary gun of your choice, and say "Who the hell is this?!"

I like that, but add an AR to the mix.. my daughter is going on 12yr....so I got time to perfect this...lol

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Once a year my son and I get out every gun we own and I teach him how to break it down and clean it properly. One Saturday we were about half way through them, guns laying everywhere on and around the kitchen table. I was disassembling an AK, when my daughter's date showed up.

He walks in and his got as big as buckets. "What's going on?" he nervously asked. "Waiting on you." I said. He nearly crapped his pants. lololol. It was one of those moments that as a dad you dream of. He had her home early that night.

But long term, it didn't work. They are married today and recently bought their first home. Good kid though. Glad I didn't scare him off.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    I had a girl's dad try that whole gun thing on me back in high school. Yeah that worked out real well for him. We ended up spending some considerable amount of time looking and talking about dang near every gun he had. I don't believe he got the reaction he was wanting, but in the end he got to know me and I think that helped the situation as opposed to trying to scare some little punk high school kid....

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Sometimes I'm glad I never had kids. Apparently raising a daughter causes loss of sanity.

My family consists of two daughters ... Hellfire and Damnation.

A gun didn't seem to deter frogs from knocking on the door.
    However, a Rhodesian Ridgeback, an aluminum bat and a polished K-Bar hatchet seemed to work best.

I wouldn't go back and relive those 10 years for any amount of money.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I had a girl's dad try that whole gun thing on me back in high school. Yeah that worked out real well for him. We ended up spending some considerable amount of time looking and talking about dang near every gun he had. I don't believe he got the reaction he was wanting, but in the end he got to know me and I think that helped the situation as opposed to trying to scare some little punk high school kid....

Isn't that the desired outcome? Scare the sissy punks away and find out which boyfriends can discuss guns, the 2a and other topics...

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    If the gun doesn't scare him off, and he doesn't pick it up and hold it sideways, then you've probably got one that's OK...ish...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    My dad, already in his seventies, met my niece's boyfriend when she brought him to Thanksgiving dinner. "Wait here," Dad said, as he limped into the bedroom (Dad walks with a pronounced limp from service-related injuries). He returned a few moments later with a very nice stag-horn handled hunting knife. He handed it to the boy, who admired the blade and the quality of the knife. When he handed it back to Dad, Dad leaned a little closer, put the tip of the blade between his face and the boy's face, and said very quietly...

"If you hurt my granddaughter, this is the knife I'm gonna cut your balls off with."

Sadly, the relationship didn't last. For some reason.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Eh, it's a dangerous game to play, though. Piss off a teenage girl enough, especially about boys, and she's just gonna run around behind your back and make stupid decisions about said boys, to boot.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It is a shame grown men have to resort to guns to dissuade a daughter's date from getting in her panties.

The way I remember it back in the day was, "Son, if you even think about fucking my daughter, I will rip your nuts off and stuff them in your mouth. Have a nice evening, and be sure to bring her home by ten."

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    It is a shame grown men have to resort to guns to dissuade a daughter's date from getting in her panties.

The way I remember it back in the day was, "Son, if you even think about fucking my daughter, I will rip your nuts off and stuff them in your mouth. Have a nice evening, and be sure to bring her home by ten."

I think you're taking it a bit farther than it really is, but ... What's the difference between scaring them a gun and telling them you're going to rip their nuts off? There is no difference. Either way you're threatening them with bodily harm. However, the gun threats tend to be more on the level of having to inference that.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy

The way I remember it back in the day was, "Son, if you even think about $#@!ing my daughter, I will rip your nuts off and stuff them in your mouth. Have a nice evening, and be sure to bring her home by ten."

It's just a blast to play "what if".

I feel I am a pretty good judge of character, and will asses the individual open minded. If I believe the person in question either needs an attitude adjustment, or needs to be warned off, I will act accordingly.

I am confident that I have raised my 15 year old well enough to tell the good eggs from the bad, but we all make mistakes. An independent assessment is not always a bad thing.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Why did my wife always feel the need to tell me "be nice" when a boy was coming over?
    I allowed them in my house. Ain't that nice enough?

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Now I'm curious. When did *you* guys lose your virginity? I doubt many of you waited until you were in college or married before you did it with a nice, over 20 yr old young lady :laughing:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom