• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cliff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    I appreciate the original post. I won't frequent a business that has customer service issues that bad. Yes, I am a new poster but that really makes no difference in commenting on bad customer service. As far as the OP coming out on top, I think he still lost out. Even though the situation was fixed the OP had to go through major aggravation to get what should have been a no-brainer for the staff. I'll never give them any business.
    Gun Zone Deals

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    While the OP had some legitimate issues, as myself and others pointed out he essentially "jumped line" by joining others already there, while others had to wait their turn. Once their lane time was up, it appears to me that the shop folks erred by presuming his time had started w/theirs.
    Sometimes, bad communications happen - and obviously, the shop guy was NOT listening to his customer. Then again, they likely hear stuff all day long - but still not an excuse. Thing is, he left there with ALL of his money, so in the end they DID go "above and beyond", but IF things were just as explained, I'd consider giving them a 2nd chance (maybe). I DO think they should have listened better!

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    My thinking is that line jumping this way is common during peak times and the RO has a duty to other customers waiting in line to control / not allow it. Could the RO have been sweeter to the OP? Knowing that many people are sensitive he could have been sweeter. The real issue here is feelings & perceptions. If we are talking about customer service we have to consider the customers waiting in line.
    The RO perhaps has a controlling, my way or the highway attitude but considering the doofus factor, that's what I want in an RO where I'm shooting. When I'm shopping for a tie or a bottle of wine, that's when I want the "customer is always right" type of guy.

H/C/I Stang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Seabrook
    I have never had a problem with top gun. They have always been professional
    With me. Sounds like they were kind of rude to you even though you could have shown the range officer your printed receipt with the time and date stamp and he would have most likley let you keep shooting. In the end you got to shoot 20 minutes and got a full refund. Your party was allowed to occupy three lanes when they only paid for two during peak time when there were people waiting to shoot.
    I think you got a fair deal and the range was the one that got the shaft.
    The whole occupying three lanes when only paid for two was a misunderstanding I'm sure between the party and the establishment. Something like, a RO told them to move down to two lanes next to each other trying to keep the party together. But, failed to mention it to the remainder of the employees thinking that they just left that lane without instruction. Either way, it doesn't concern me as I just wanted to set the scene for the story.

The problem with the receipt deal is that I dealt with two different people from arrival.

I got the bad end of the entire deal as I had to quite literally argue with this man to get any sort of settlement. I would have gladly paid for 1/3 of the time there, but he was too flustered to talk things out with me civilly.

There's no crying in shooting. Taking the clerk hurting your feelings out of the equasion, I think TG is right. Assuming there was a line when you arrived, why would it be fair for you to jump the line that way? Toughen up, it's a gun range not Macy's. They made you whole.
    Do me a favor. Go there, enter the same scenario I was in, and tell me you wouldn't ask for your money back. If you think one should just accept bad service as a paying customer, then you belong at Top Gun. They thrive on "men" like you.

If this was about a week ago on friday. I was there , waiting patiently, these guys are already stressed out dealing with the general public and are on edge trying to keep track of all the dangerous people walking around. Before you came out of your lane there was a group of about 6 people that came in, who obviously have a literary deficiency carrying a loaded weapon in a shoulder holster when it says in a big sign on the front door that all weapons need to be cased or concealed if you have a chl. Arguing with the range master is like arguing with the lady at the DPS office about your drivers license it just doesn't jive. I have been shooting there weekly for quite some time. Yes they get buisy but trust me I have been to FAR WORSE ranges. Like Bailey's house of guns with Ma Bailey yelling in your ear "Slow down your movin to fast. Your gonna hurt yourself"
    It wasn't. I posted this as soon as I got home. It sounds like it's a common occurrence there, though!

Several 1st-time posters, all with 'tudes....interesting.

My take on it is this: Yeah - you paid for an hour, but joined a lane already in progress. Once their time was up, you lost the "head of line" privilege their presence provided for, and the balance of your time would have to rotate back behind those already waiting - otherwise, folks could tie up a lane all day just by rotating in and out.
    Kinda sounds to me like there was a little vitriol on both sides - but in the end, you "got over" on 'em. Congrats. See ya!
    Redneck, being a first time poster on a forum that has just come to my attention has nothing to do with the fact that a range screwed an avid lurker/poster on many forums. I didn't notice that I had a "'tude" only a hour after being treated like scum at a poorly run range... Oh well.

Like I said, I would have been glad to pay for the 20 minutes I was there, just not the full hour they decided I had made a call about.

Defending crappy service? If the idiot counter person can't handle the pressure he should work someplace else. I don't understasnd how anyone condones crappy service. You go, you pay, you don't get what you paid for, you have to argue for a refund, and some slob says, hey you got a refund and a few minutes to shoot you got a good deal. I agree with the OP, time to vote with your feet and shoot elsewhere. Hell the service is even better at the criminal sportsman outlet and stolen gun storage unit in Humble.
    Thank you, fellow "I want what I paid for" sir. Below sub-par service is no way for any company to run a business. Especially one who NEEDS to maintain a good reputation for such a crappy range. Both inside and out.

Fair or not fair, it doesn't seem like it was handled very well by the range. If you treat customers like crap, they'll find other places to go. "Stress" is not a reason for a businessman to be rude. So there were idiots that showed up a the range - that's a daily occurrance, not something new. Even if you think the customer is wrong, slow things down and make an effort to get it straightened out
    Yes. Couldn't agree more. If they would have taken the time to make things right in a respectful manner, I wouldn't be posting negative reviews about them.

Oh, I agree - IF as presented, the range handled it poorly. Thing is, with multiple 1st-time posters jumpin' into the same string, it kinda seems a bit "set-up" to me. May very well be that he started the conversation by jumpin' in the range guys' stuff, y'know?
    No, sir. I did not get in his business. I walked up to the counter and told him that I had a question for him. It took off from there.

Yeah, actually we do, it's happened before. Just saying, it makes us wonder, but we give people the benefit of the doubt.

If all the facts are as presented in the story, the RO could have handled that differently. If it were me in the same exact situation, I would have just left you on one of the lanes and opened up the other 2 to the next people in line rather than making an unnecessary scene. Speaking from personal experience, I have dealt with many issues of people just feeling free to take whatever lanes they want (not saying you guys did, just speaking generally) even though they were given a specific lane for a reason. Simply put, it screws everything up when you have lots of people in line, lanes that may be for specific purposes (damaged lanes which are restricted to short range only, etc), etc.
    I agree. I would have loved to have just the one lane and finish with my moneys worth. It just could have been handled MUCH better.

Those are my favorite kind.Sometimes they don't even bother charging range fees if they aren't too busy.

As for the original post,if you don't like it don't go back.I don't see any real reason in trashing a range that obviously has business they can afford lose.Hell they have tactical pistol classes that are upwards of $700 bucks.I myself like to be able to double tap and draw from a holster which from what i read online was against their normal range rules.So rather than be a shit spoon i just don't go there.

Look at it this way you got your money back and got to shoot. I guess i'm missing the major issue.
    I trash the range so that other will not have to experience what I did. Though, I should recommend everyone go there, have the same experience, and have everyone post a similar review. That's my major issue.

I appreciate the original post. I won't frequent a business that has customer service issues that bad. Yes, I am a new poster but that really makes no difference in commenting on bad customer service. As far as the OP coming out on top, I think he still lost out. Even though the situation was fixed the OP had to go through major aggravation to get what should have been a no-brainer for the staff. I'll never give them any business.
    Cliff, you are a very smart man. I'm glad I'm being supported by a few fellow shooters here. I (customers) pay their salary and give them a job, they should know when to apologize and when to go the extra mile to keep their reputation strong/customers returning.

While the OP had some legitimate issues, as myself and others pointed out he essentially "jumped line" by joining others already there, while others had to wait their turn. Once their lane time was up, it appears to me that the shop folks erred by presuming his time had started w/theirs.
    Sometimes, bad communications happen - and obviously, the shop guy was NOT listening to his customer. Then again, they likely hear stuff all day long - but still not an excuse. Thing is, he left there with ALL of his money, so in the end they DID go "above and beyond", but IF things were just as explained, I'd consider giving them a 2nd chance (maybe). I DO think they should have listened better!
    Yes, sir. I did jump line to join eight other paying customers to shoot. But, they did not give me any options, nor explain how things would work if I was to join them. They simply said, "$15" and sent me on my way. Like I mentioned, had they taken the time to explain or give me some options I would have dealt with them in a TOTALLY different way. They just want quick money. Customers in, customers out, no other service needed.

My thinking is that line jumping this way is common during peak times and the RO has a duty to other customers waiting in line to control / not allow it. Could the RO have been sweeter to the OP? Knowing that many people are sensitive he could have been sweeter. The real issue here is feelings & perceptions. If we are talking about customer service we have to consider the customers waiting in line.
    The RO perhaps has a controlling, my way or the highway attitude but considering the doofus factor, that's what I want in an RO where I'm shooting. When I'm shopping for a tie or a bottle of wine, that's when I want the "customer is always right" type of guy.
    I believe you're looking at this in a different light than you should be. I'm the number one customer at the time because I have the problem with them. They should take their time to make things right instead of scorning the paying public. Feelings and perceptions have nothing to do with it. Maybe they should consider the other customers by considering me. He was trying to call my bluff and act hard with his sidearm, as I'm sure (by other poster's stories here) they do a lot at this establishment. Customer service is and SHOULD ALWAYS BE expected at ANY business.

Top Bottom