• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just got back, the place was packed and we ran into KaliJuan and a few of his buds. We are also pretty sure we saw Project325 leaving when we got there, we recognized his car.

They've got a storewide 10% off sale going, and a few vendors giving away stuff. Parking was a bear, so be prepared to have to walk a little unless you get lucky. There was also a pretty long line to check out when we left, which is why we didn't get anything.

Otherwise, it was nice to see it packed.

Cheers! M2

Project325

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    San Antonio
    You shoulda flagged me down M2! I saw something strange while at the grand opening today... It made me leave in a hurry.

I heard the sound of a chamber being cleared and looked to my left... in the holster area there was a Top Brass employee (perhaps a manager?) talking to a customer who was clearing a loaded weapon! (AND sweeping that whole side of the store I might add) The employee was holding a big ass ziptie and the customer was trying hard to lock the slide back on his handgun, assuming the ziptie was for the gun. I don't know if the customer came in open carrying or his conceal wasn't adequate? Maybe he was trying to test fit a loaded weapon into a new holster? The only part of the actual conversation I overheard was the employee saying thanks for being so cooperative and that there were just too many people in the store that day. I don't know for sure, but I said F this... I'll come back on a weekday at lunch when the store is empty.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You shoulda flagged me down M2! I saw something strange while at the grand opening today... It made me leave in a hurry.

I heard the sound of a chamber being cleared and looked to my left... in the holster area there was a Top Brass employee (perhaps a manager?) talking to a customer who was clearing a loaded weapon! (AND sweeping that whole side of the store I might add) The employee was holding a big ass ziptie and the customer was trying hard to lock the slide back on his handgun, assuming the ziptie was for the gun. I don't know if the customer came in open carrying or his conceal wasn't adequate? Maybe he was trying to test fit a loaded weapon into a new holster? The only part of the actual conversation I overheard was the employee saying thanks for being so cooperative and that there were just too many people in the store that day. I don't know for sure, but I said F this... I'll come back on a weekday at lunch when the store is empty.

We had to park over by Aaron's and were walking to the store when you drove by, we were too far away to catch your attention but now I wish I had as I think I might have thought twice about going in after hearing that story.

But I was at the gun counter at Action Pawn at 410 & Marbach on Friday and looked over to see some bozo inadvertently pointing a pistol right at me. Of course the employee didn't saw a freaking word to the guy but I just left. I trust people at pawn shops even less than I do those at gun shows.

While crowded, other than seeing KaliJuan (which is always enjoyable), there wasn't anything going on that interested me. As a matter of fact, I prefer the place when there are a lot less people in it.

Oh, and as for the Glock raffle, I did see one guy filling out a whole bunch of tickets, so I don't know how "fair" the drawing was going to be. I had thought they'd limit one ticket per customer, but from what I saw I don't believe that was the case.

Cheers! M2

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    It was definitely good seeing you there too Mike, and I have agree with you brother, I like it when it's quieter there. I don't think they were expecting the crowd they had there since they only have one cash register but once the dust settles, I think it will be a nice quiet place that we can meet up at from time to time.

I ended up talking with the Propper Rep and bought me a set of ATACS, I figured that I got a cap awhile back from HSGI, that what the Hell, it was 10% off.

The contest for the Glock was hosted by the Tru-Spec rep and he gave you two options: One, you try on a pair of their pants and you get one raffle ticket or you buy a pair of their pants and bring back your receipt and you get 5 raffle tickets. Since I was sportin my Polish camo, I was not in the mood to change any clothes so I went in to the dressing room with a pair of their pants, unfolded them and made it look like I tried them on and then returned to the guy for my raffle ticket.

The contest for the Springfield XD was basically buy something and you can enter in the contest for that at the register. They did have a rep there from Pelican cases come in late but I didn't stick around for anything else, not even the free BBQ.

All in all still a good day eventhough it was wet and cold, got me some new camo to sport, the New Guns N Ammo AK Magazine from Walmart and my weekend is complete now :)

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Oh, they are supposed to draw for the guns on Monday, forgot to add that :) But I'm pretty sure you can't go in tomorrow and get a ticket.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Big sale this weekend...

535793_10150797098212624_103557262623_9913483_701250364_n.jpg

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom