• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Picked up the Thrive yesterday and LOVE it.

I had been reading reviews online and talking with individuals and finally decided that the Toshiba was the right one for my needs.

It comes with the Android Honeycomb platform which is badass and also comes with an interchangeable back over (not that I'll be changing it since it'll be in a leather case) It also sets itself apart from from the other tablets by offering multiple ports. With a full size HDMI and a full size USB and a mini USB it bridges the gap between laptop and tablet.

In short I love it and definitely glad I picked it up. With travel coming up something with the battery life and entertainment that I want and desire is definitely a positive thing to have in my briefcase.
    ARJ Defense ad

weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    When I get a tablet it will be the Toshiba. I like that it's rugged and full size ports. Also the battery is replaceable unlike some huge company's products.
    Does it get hot? I always wonder why it wouldn't with a dual core processor.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    The external SD card slot is a nice touch - much less of a pain in the ass to get to as it is in most phones/tablets.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    When I get a tablet it will be the Toshiba. I like that it's rugged and full size ports. Also the battery is replaceable unlike some huge company's products.
    Does it get hot? I always wonder why it wouldn't with a dual core processor.

It doesn't get hot at all. I've been using is a Toshiba netbook for almost 2 years and there was definitely a reason I chose Toshiba when I was looking at the tablets.

I completely forgot about the interchangable battery. That was definitely an additional plus. All the reviews I read on the Thrive beforehand were negative about the bulkiness of it and the weight. I haven't noticed the weight and the "bulkiness" just means its a tablet with a Texas personality and fits hands better than thin toys that are its competitors in the market.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom