• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Talked to a business owner in Waco. Theirs wasn’t effected, but all the restaurants over staffed and had lower than normal business if anything.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Family and I traveled to Brady to see it. 3hr drive. Pretty country down that way. Happy we did it. My 10yr old was astonished by it and my wife totally freaked out and got some really good pictures. It was a good day. It was actually a very emotional experience being there and seeing it with my family.

God's creation and power always leaves me in wonder.

View attachment 445649 View attachment 445648 View attachment 445646 View attachment 445645 View attachment 445644

That’s a great story and thanks for sharing.

Been a good while since I’ve been to Brady, need to go back sometime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That’s a great story and thanks for sharing.

Been a good while since I’ve been to Brady, need to go back sometime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That part of Texas sure has more opportunities for vegetation than where I'm at. lol. And it's not very populated... which is a plus. I grew up with trees and grass. So, I get sentimental sometimes being around it. But then summer humidity comes and I'm like "nah piss on it! I'll keep my arid location."

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That part of Texas sure has more opportunities for vegetation than where I'm at. lol. And it's not very populated... which is a plus. I grew up with trees and grass. So, I get sentimental sometimes being around it. But then summer humidity comes and I'm like "nah piss on it! I'll keep my arid location."
    Pretty bad when you enjoy Brady for the lush vegetation…

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    I went to Kerrville for the eclipse, and so did everyone and their mom. The clouds eclipsed the eclipse... literally 10 min before totality a ton of clouds rolled in. The hour before that, there were patches of sky visible and it gave us hope. It was really disappointing that we saw the corona for maybe a split second and then gone, all covered with clouds. Then the area went dark, which was super cool, like totally nighttime status, street lights went on and stuff, for 4 minutes, and then it was light again as normal. I left within 10 minutes of totality and that was a big mistake. I should've just went to Starbucks and surfed the web because it took 3 WHOLE hours to drive back to San Antonio, only 50 miles (on the 10, totally packed). I took a 2-hr break and by then, no more traffic to Corpus Christi... Meanwhile my friends in Dallas saw the total eclipse :( lucky... makes me feel like I didn't try hard enough.

I talked to a few people with equipment, some from Houston, some from Florida. I feel sorry they traveled all this way with their extremely fancy gear, telescopes-synced to earth rotation, all sorts of camera gadgets, gimbals, and tripods... all for a cloud-covered eclipse in Kerrville, when Dallas would've given them the results they wanted.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1712687599150.png

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    It's all relative...
    Indeed, I have spent a lot of time in and around the Brownwood, Brady, Eden, Menard, Mason area. I find it ruggedly beautiful.
    Brady is just a few miles from the geographic center of this great State. Interesting marker on the exact spot out on 377.
    Those who chose to denigrate the area, or the vegetation, can sit on a sharp stick.

kpg4923

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2024
    Central Texas
    It was totally awesome. The skies in Temple were partly cloudy but if anything it added to the experience. Of the 4 minutes of totality we probably saw 3:30 with no clouds.

I was happy to experience it for sure and probably worth a trip to see though I wouldn't go too far out of my way. People coming from all over the world.....that was a little crazy. There was an asian family in my tacqueria the next morning that i'm sure flew halfway around the world for it. I bet that dad was pretty nervous looking at the forecast. Haha. I am happy for them that they got to see it.

caliburn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    Houston
    At work some kids were trying to see the eclipse through the clouds. I felt bad that they couldn't see it so I used my duty flashlight and they were so excited, " I see it! I see it!" Then one kid took off the glasses and said he got scammed... they all wanted to see the fake eclipse and they learned a new word that day... "conspiracy" ... but eventually they got to see the real eclipse and know the difference between fake and real. Although one adult there still thought the flashlight eclipse was real...

Attachments

• 20240408_140132.jpg
      20240408_140132.jpg
      51.9 KB · Views: 17
    • Screenshot_20240408_134516_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20240408_134516_Gallery.jpg
      98.4 KB · Views: 16
    Top Bottom