• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cybrhick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Alvin
    Howdy folks. Total newbie checking in. New to the forum, and completely new to firearms. I just recently aquired a 1945 M44 Mosin Nagant. This is the first gun I have owner in my adult life aside from a 12ga Mosburg I bought at 18 years old, and sold before I ever shot it.

Took the Nagant to a local outdoor range this past weekend, and realized I can't shoot for crap. (yet) Ran 20 rounds through her, and loved it. Also got a chance to shoot a few of my friend's firearms. (91/30 Nagant, AK47, Ruger 10/22, Unknown 45 pistol, XD 40 pistol, Unknown 9mm, and a HiPoint 9mm)

Now I have been wanting to get a few arms for a while now, but money has been tight. And I was able to horse trade a bit for the rifle. I am completely ignorant of firearms at this point, so I figured this forum may be able to help me educate myself.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all, and learning.
    Capitol Armory ad

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Welcome to the site!! This is a great place to learn, so don't hesitate to ask questions. Even the people that have been gun owners for a long time don't have all the answers and everyone starts somewhere. :)

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    A Nagant is a decent piece. Just get some range time and you'll get better. Oh, and stay away from gun shows, they're addicting............

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Welcome. Between this site and the thousands of other gun information sites you should be able to learn all you need to know about shooting.

The important thing is you are living in a Gun FREE State, where the 2nd Amendment is not looked upon as just another right to be ignored and deprived from it's law abiding citizens.

I'm not an expert on the Mosin Nagant and it's not one of my fav shooters. There could be a dozen reasons why you don't find it accurate. First I have found that the foreign ammo is not uniformly accurate.

Down the road hopefully you will encounter a well tuned American weapon and find just how you truly shoot.

Top Bottom