• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

We live near the dreaded “18 Mile Bridge” across Louisiana’s 165 x 35 mile Atchafalaya Swamp, on IH10.

Reports of massive, muti-vehicle wrecks run more than weekly. Many fatalities, tanker truck fires, & massive traffic snarls.

On our last few out-of state driving trips; NW Florida, South Texas, & a tour of Arkansas; we have seen terrible “aggressive driving”, involving those who pass on the right while the vehicles they are passing are actually in the act of passing sower driivers on the right; then “forcing” their way in by playing chicken, intentionally aiming at causing a crash, to force the legal drivers to yield.

This is a clear form of :vehicular ASSAULT. It is extremely inappropriate and DANGEROUS.

No matter in which state this happens, almost all of the offenders have Texas plates.

We must demand that our police agencies and legal authorities PROSECUTE this extremely dangerous activity. Today, have seen videos of this, providing clear evidence of these assaults.

In what other cases of assault with a dangerous weapon, do our authorities ignore the crimes ?

In every case I’ve seen, all except the initial slow right-lane driver were moving at, or well above, the posted “speed limits”.

leVieux
    Guns International

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Being up in the north east corner of Texas I see it every time I head to the DFW area. A slower Simi in the right being pasted by someone at or just over the speed limit in the left. Chad or Karen in their Lexas comes up at 90 to 95. Cuts to the right, cuts to the left, trys to squeeze by the line of cars waiting for the lane to clear. If no one gives them space, parts are flying. Saw this just south of Mt. Vernon, last week, and in Cumby three weeks ago. Check out the guard rail by the Lowes transfer warehouse. Chad hit it it about 90. Crash and burn damage is still clear.

That is how Chad and Karen drive, nothing is going to change that. They can be from any big city in any state, even Louisiana, all the same they are looking to be the first one at the scene of the accident.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    I have noticed a lot of aggressive driving here in the Houston area, mostly by pickup drivers - no specific brand (I drive a Ram). But, the SUVs and sedans are not without blame, either. Perhaps the most common offenses are cutting people off by moving straight from the left lane into the exit lane, directly in front of someone. Be alert, and have situational awareness!

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    On the other side of the coin, slow drivers are dangerous drivers.

Driving under the speed limit creates a dangerous situation because most everyone else wants to do the speed limit, or more.

Driving slow in the passing lane creates an even more dangerous situation because that's where there are a lot of drivers wanting to drive 5mph (or more) above the speed limit.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I've found that Georgia drivers are most often the fastest drivers.

Understandably, Texas drivers are often driving fast in other states because we are used to higher posted speed limits.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Ye
    I have noticed a lot of aggressive driving here in the Houston area, mostly by pickup drivers - no specific brand (I drive a Ram). But, the SUVs and sedans are not without blame, either. Perhaps the most common offenses are cutting people off by moving straight from the left lane into the exit lane, directly in front of someone. Be alert, and have situational awareness!
    Chad also drives pickups. If he is in the center lane and wants to exit and you to his right that's just tough shit, he is coming over and you need to get out of his way because he is more important than you.

It comes to this,

You are nothing but a speed bump on Chad's road to happiness. Your very existence on his road is an affront and impediment to his chosen path. Anything he does behind the wheel to mitigate your paltry presents on his road is justified, in his mind.

The used to be a diagnosis of a sociopath, now it's just Chad, who lives in Preston Hollow.

Last edited:

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Yeah, and you all are against automated vehicles. The #1 danger in a vehicle is the driver. We let anyone over 16 that passes a simple test drive them. The amount of calculations at these speeds your brain has to make is more than most normal people are equipped to make.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Yeah, and you all are against automated vehicles. The #1 danger in a vehicle is the driver. We let anyone over 16 that passes a simple test drive them. The amount of calculations at these speeds your brain has to make is more than most normal people are equipped to make.
    And young Chad is showing off, playing grab ass, texting, and has no concept of breaking distance, on wet or dry roads.

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    I just got back from a trip through OK to MO, over to KS and back through OK to TX. I bet I am one of the drivers you are complaining about.

Why do I think this? Based off this post and your previous posts, I am willing to bet you think it is perfectly acceptable to pass another driver at 1 mph faster than they are driving. I also be you get into and out of the passing lane at an extremely slow pace.

I drive the speeds I drive and frequently pass on the right because of people like you. I want to be no where near other drivers, most are unskilled, not paying shit for attention and have a vehicle in less than perfect mechanical condition.

Until people learn how to pass and how to merge (people on main road should never slow to allow incoming vehicles to merge) I will continue to “commit vehicular assault”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gll

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    And young Chad is showing off, playing grab ass, texting, and has no concept of breaking distance, on wet or dry roads.

And is allowed to drive, the computer won't make those mistakes. In fact, the computer, as early in its stages as it is, has made less mistakes per million miles than 200 drivers combined at 200 million miles.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    On the other side of the coin, slow drivers are dangerous drivers.

Driving under the speed limit creates a dangerous situation because most everyone else wants to do the speed limit, or more.

Driving slow in the passing lane creates an even more dangerous situation because that's where there are a lot of drivers wanting to drive 5mph (or more) above the speed limit.
    Far too many accidents are cause by a slow(er) driver. Many times, the slow driver is going the speed limit but in the left lanes. The last 10 years I worked the defense side of litigated insurance claims. It never ceased to amaze me how the attitude of the parties was as much to blame as the material factors. " I'm going the speed limit, screw them,"

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    >

We live near the dreaded “18 Mile Bridge” across Louisiana’s 165 x 35 mile Atchafalaya Swamp, on IH10.

Reports of massive, muti-vehicle wrecks run more than weekly. Many fatalities, tanker truck fires, & massive traffic snarls.

On our last few out-of state driving trips; NW Florida, South Texas, & a tour of Arkansas; we have seen terrible “aggressive driving”, involving those who pass on the right while the vehicles they are passing are actually in the act of passing sower driivers on the right; then “forcing” their way in by playing chicken, intentionally aiming at causing a crash, to force the legal drivers to yield.

This is a clear form of :vehicular ASSAULT. It is extremely inappropriate and DANGEROUS.

No matter in which state this happens, almost all of the offenders have Texas plates.

We must demand that our police agencies and legal authorities PROSECUTE this extremely dangerous activity. Today, have seen videos of this, providing clear evidence of these assaults.

In what other cases of assault with a dangerous weapon, do our authorities ignore the crimes ?

In every case I’ve seen, all except the initial slow right-lane driver were moving at, or well above, the posted “speed limits”.

leVieux
    I had not seen much of folks passing on the right - the shoulder - until I moved here near Abilene on FM 18. In the last couple of years though the folks have expanded their antics to include passing in the "left turn only" lane and passing at the intersections.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Biggest problem around where I am isn't Chad in his Lexus, it's Bubba in his 4x4 thinking he's freaking Dale Earnhardt going down the farm-to-market roads, passing three vehicles too close to a turn when they're already going 60 but Bubba wants to do 80 so he can slam on his breaks to keep from tipping over on every curve.

And, of course, at night Bubba has no idea the headlights have more than one setting so he hi-beams everyone and wonders why they keep flashing their headlights at him.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    I have never seen as many intentional violations of red lights as in Texas, particularly Austin.

Too many drivers see a yellow as a signal to speed up, even if it is obvious to everyone that they will be ENTERING the intersection on red. Just amazed that there are not more t-bone accidents!

Top Bottom