Travis County Sheriff Election

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by NewTxn, Oct 21, 2008.

1. NewTxn

NewTxn Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I just wanted to let everybody know I was able to speak with the Republican candidate for Sheriff in Travis County, Raymond Frank. The one question I made sure I asked him was what his policy would be on CLEO signoff's for Title 2 firearms. He told me that he would sign and that he also did during his previous term as Travis County Sheriff. ( I think in the late 70's/early 80's) I realize it is hard to vote against a current CLEO that is signing but I just thought it would be good to let everyone know Mr. Frank's position so that if they were considering voting for him due to his positions on other issues that the CLEO signoff won't be a deal-breaker.

2. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That's good to hear. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. :)

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Active Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Raymond Frank, the Sheriff that shoots straight. Especially with his criminal cronies. He lost, AGAIN. Thank goodness. He would have put Travis County back about 25 years.

4. Nate C

Nate C Active Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    What has incumbent Sheriff Hamilton's track record been on this?

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Active Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I do not know about his record with tax stamp application signing but he is a stand up guy that I have known for nearly 25 years. I have served under 5 Sheriff's here and he is one of the good ones. He lets us do our jobs w/o interference. He holds employees accountable for their mistakes. I am satisfied with his tenure, so far.