• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Travis county officials want to ban gun shows in Austin. This is certainly a knee jerk reaction to the past events and is a complete and utter farce. We simply cannot let this happen. It will affect hundreds of dealers from small to large and prevent people from obtaining candied pecans and jerky amongst other things.

This would stop the Saxet show at the Travis Co. Expo Center.

They want to extend this to not only public land, but private as well. This represents much more than just controls over gun shows, but rights of private land owners as well. They want to force permitting or an outright ban, both of which will cause a significant reduction or the outright ban of gun shows in Travis Co.

The Travis Co. commissioners are voting TUESDAY (tomorrow) ... we need to make our voice heard today!

http://www.co.travis.tx.us/commissi...p/Item_backup_20130108/vs20130108_item_22.pdf

The Agenda says 11:00 AM, but the court meets at 9:00 AM.

Travis County Administration Building
    700 Lavaca St.
    Austin, TX 78701

Guns International

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I've been listening to them talk about this for the past 2 weeks about the public stuff but didn't know they wanted to do it on private land too. This doesn't suprise me though, they've banned smoking in privte establishments so this is right along those lines. I don't smoke but business owners should have the right to do what they want as long as it's within legal parameters. I'm sure they'll get plenty of Lib support in Austin. This is too bad if they actually get what they want.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Here it comes.... If this goes through it just opens the door for more. With Austin being packed full of imported Libs I have my doubts it won't go through.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'd bet the point of the OP is to challenge those in the area to attend the meeting in support of 2A, free enterprise, etc.

You know the antis will be there ..... so will the media.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Very true, Glockster - and the powers-that-be are wrong for trying to prohibit gun shows in private venues. The county itself will suffer the loss of revenue, too...but it'll provide low-hanging fruit for Hays, Williamson, Bell, and other nearby counties to pick up and benefit from. I wonder if there's ever been a Saxet show at the Bell County Expo Center...

KMX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Dallas/Ft Worth
    So what are the gun supporters in that area doing? If they do nothing like most Americans then they will be bitching about it afterwards and wondering what's going on.....

YOU DID NOT STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT!!!!

cherrick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    One can stand and stamp one's foot all one wants. If you're in a minority and what you want is coming up for a vote, you're going to take it in the pajama bottoms.

Gun show proprietors should be looking for an alternative yesterday. How about Lockhart? Bastrop? Luling? Elgin? Anywhere a short drive from Austin would be a good thing.

Forget about Austin. It's over before the vote.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    One can stand and stamp one's foot all one wants. If you're in a minority and what you want is coming up for a vote, you're going to take it in the pajama bottoms.

Gun show proprietors should be looking for an alternative yesterday. How about Lockhart? Bastrop? Luling? Elgin? Anywhere a short drive from Austin would be a good thing.

Forget about Austin. It's over before the vote.

Trust me the gun show proprioreters have been looking for alternative veniewes in austin for years. This is not a new concept. They have paid real estate reps looking/negotiatiating.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Pretty sure trying to extend it to private land is illegal.

If you can make the meeting, dress nicely and let your opinion be heard. Come bearing facts, be brief and be professional if you speak at the meeting.

wstj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    I have lived here my whole life. never thought my state would go the way of all of the left wing, liberal states. People better wake up of Texas will be like all the rest! Austin may very well need to cleaning out much like DC.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sorry, but the rest of Texas doesn't follow Austin's lead. If anything, it serves as a liberal bastion where all the ex-Californians can feel at home!

I'm sorry to all the real Texans living in that city, but you've lost control to the left wingers a long time ago and it doesn't look like you'll be getting it back anytime soon.

Hopefully someone will file a lawsuit against their prohibition of hosting a gun show on private property, I don't see how they can legally pass such an ordinance since there is no state law being broken. City property will most likely be a lost cause, but there are plenty of private venues that SAXET can use if they so desire!

Good luck guys, if they tried this shit in San Antonio there'd be hell to pay!

Cheers! M2

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I have lived here my whole life. never thought my state would go the way of all of the left wing, liberal states. People better wake up of Texas will be like all the rest! Austin may very well need to cleaning out much like DC.

It hasn't. Austin is the exception, the island of liberalism in a sea of rational thought. The rest of Texas is still sane.

Top Bottom