• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    I really really hate to say this but after attending a gun show this past summer at the Travis County fair grounds it would be no great loss.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Maybe, but the new Premier show in North Austin was a pretty nice show. It would be a shame that a city of the size of Austin would require its residents to go all the way to San Antonio or up to the Killeen area to attend a gun show!

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    Maybe, but the new Premier show in North Austin was a pretty nice show. It would be a shame that a city of the size of Austin would require its residents to go all the way to San Antonio or up to the Killeen area to attend a gun show!

The premire was nice. It wasan't to long ago that APD had shut down saxet and there were quite a few months that there weren't any gun shows in Travis County.
    I think that was why Saxet moved out of APD's Jurisdiction and into TCSOs.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Travis commissioners delay vote on gun show ban | www.statesman.com

Travis County commissioners delayed a vote Tuesday on banning gun shows on county property, as county lawyers appeared to cast doubt on the legality of such a move.
    After emerging from a private meeting with attorneys, County Judge Sam Biscoe said the prospect for a ban was “not good.”

Some talk that
    Nordyke v. King scared them off. http:/www.scotusblog.com/2012/06/nordyke-gun-case-nears-end/

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott is a true asskicker! God bless him!

312432_10152402340030088_1789249942_n.jpg

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    It hasn't. Austin is the exception, the island of liberalism in a sea of rational thought. The rest of Texas is still sane.

This is a big reason why I headed out to the Hill country of Hays county. The only problem , I've been out here for 7 years and attended a birthday party for my son's friend and all but me and the kid's birthday's parent were from Kalifornia. We just looked at each other like we were being surrounded. It has spread out to the surrounding area too and they're bringing their social policies with them. Luckily our area has been strong with good old fashioned Texas traditions. I just hope we can keep them at bay.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    This is a big reason why I headed out to the Hill country of Hays county. The only problem , I've been out here for 7 years and attended a birthday party for my son's friend and all but me and the kid's birthday's parent were from Kalifornia. We just looked at each other like we were being surrounded. It has spread out to the surrounding area too and they're bringing their social policies with them. Luckily our area has been strong with good old fashioned Texas traditions. I just hope we can keep them at bay.

they all moved here from California because the taxes are too high over there
    and the jobs are disappearing then they want the same liberal social programs they had over in California that created the whole problem in the first place

cherrick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    I had bumper stickers made. They say: "From Calif? Go back!". Not that bumper stickers are going to be effective in the coming culture wars in Texas. If we can confine these Kahlifornia mutts to Austin and the Hill Country, we'll be ok. I fear for our way of life.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Most of those dorks live in Austin proper. I am in Wilco and it's not all that bad. Certainly a lot fewer liberals than conservatives. It does suck, though. I work in the game industry so we pretty much have almost all non-Texas natives (though my current company is pretty decent with Texans). Anyway, I suspect that all the other software/tech places in Austin are the same way, and why Austin is so heavily filled with Kalifornians. I suspect it'll stay that way, too.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom