• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Holy crap, when I could get some breaks in the wind, my Marlin 60 was a 1-hole gun at 50 yards. Do like!!

But damn, it's expensive. Anybody have a decent source for the stuff? Otherwise, how does the Wolf Match Target compare for accuracy?
    Venture Surplus ad

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I find Wolf Match Target to be about the most consistent 22 ammo. I didn't find wolf match extra to be better enough to justify the price difference.

Wolf :: Ammunition .22 LR :: Champion Shooters Supply LLC

If you want the best, Lapua and Eley make good stuff, pricey though. And I used to have cheap PMC that shot really good in Marlin 700T, but it isn't made any more. .22 cal ammunition, RWS, Lapua, Eley, Sk Jagd, Winchester, Remington, CCI, Federal ammo

Thanks! As good as this Wolf shot for me, I don't see much reason to go more expensive. The groups were tight, with only horizontal stringing because of the wind. Going by the dispersion of the groups vertically, they might have measured as large as half an inch at 50 yards. Not bad for a rifle that's worth about $100 (and I originally bought used for $10).

One thing I've heard about Eley is that they put powdered glass in their priming compound... I think I'll avoid that. I can't see how a .22 barrel would ever wear out, except by putting an abrasive through it...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom