• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Posit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Don't know if Gunbroker is the "best" site for current price info - but its what I use (completed auctions). Another suggestion: I recently bought a CZ P01 (9mm) which meets your list of wants; grip size, trigger pull, etc. Its not a Kimber... but didn't carry that price either. Good reviews online and gets my endorsement- I really like it.
    ARJ Defense ad

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    What is the perceived difference? I've shot the XD, just not the XDM.

The trigger is much better. The weight of the trigger is less, the over travel is less, the reset is less. It's really night and day. I think the ergonomics were improved, especially since they offer the different backstraps so you can customize it to the size of your hand. The stock sights are better.

I had an XD9. I did get a trigger job and it still wasn't what I was looking for. I traded it for a Marlin Camp .45. I picked up an XD(M) 9 a little while ago, and I know I'll be keeping it around.

As an added bonus, capacity is 20+1...you know, just in case the zombies attack.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Thanks for the help guys, you gave me a good place to start. I had another question. Is Gunbrokers .com a good place to compare prices or is there another site to get a basic retail price. Also what factory ammo for 9mm has clean burning powder and where is the best to get it.

Gunbroker, Auctionarms, etc. are a place to see what people are asking, and if you watch an auction, what people are really paying. I'm not sure I'd use it as a goto place to get retail pricing as a general rule. Go to where ytou intend to buy, but check all retail sources to get a god picture.

If you're looking for new, try Welcome to SportingArms.com, your source for discount firearms, ammo, and accessories. Brands such as Browning, Kimber, Remington, Sigarms, Colt, Winchester and more.. They are great to work with (they're local for me) and I have yet to have anyone that I've referred not say they had great pricing, including people out of state that would have transfer and shipping costs. They surrised me with a quote for a Kimber, with ads, that beat any online source I found. And I would have paid taxes, ut picked it up in person.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    f you're looking for new, try Welcome to SportingArms.com, your source for discount firearms, ammo, and accessories. Brands such as Browning, Kimber, Remington, Sigarms, Colt, Winchester and more..

------------------------

I agree with that. I've bought a number of guns from them, and price and service is great. Inexpensive transfers as well. Since the have a very wide selection of guns listed on their web site with pricing, I reference them when I want to know what a reasonable price for a particular gun is. They don't keep all of the ones listed on the web site in stock, but they'll order just about anything and usually have it in in 3 days.

They are sometimes a little hard to get a hold of, as it's just two people and they do a pretty good volume. But just leave a message on the recorder, they will get back to you.

Salty1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Highland Village
    Look at the Sig P250, they have changable "grip modules" they come standard with the medium size, I purchased the small for my wife and actually found out that I shoot better with that one as well. The trigger is a DAO, do not let that fool you, it is very smooth and easy to learn where is will go bang. If you want to throw a few rounds through one that is broken in let me know and we can make the arrangements to fly some lead....

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    Take a look at the new Springer XDm-9 ... it has three backstraps so you can make it fit your hands (mine are pretty small and the one mounted on the gun works great for me ...) also carries 19+1, shoots soft and very accurate ... and I paid just under $600 for mine ... I love it ...

Top Bottom