• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    All over the world
    So I found one of these including the mount near me for sale that I am thinking about picking up for just under 500 out the door. It would be used on my hog hunting/home protection/ SHTF AR platform in 5.56 (hornady 40 gr vmax for home protection, 62+ grain SP for hogs inside 50 yards usually and 62 grain M855 for everything else).

Has anyone on here used this optic and if so what are your thoughts good and bad.

David

Trijicon RX01NSN Reflex Sight 1x 24mm 4.5 MOA Dual-Illuminated Amber
    Target Sports

sabot_round

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Killeen, TX
    I consider them very good little sights. They are user friendly, easy to zero, and can take a beating and hold their zero. They also work very well with low light and allow you to acquire targets very easily.

The bad: When it is very bright out that dot seems to be a little bigger than 4.5 MOA, and perhaps a bit of an oblong shape.

The Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    All over the world
    I picked one up tonight. Im really impressed so far. Maybe I'll get to sight it in before I ship out again. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402633233.089449.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402633257.303977.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402633272.236780.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402633398.903964.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    All over the world
    I thought about that but the 4.5 is tiny enough for what I want it for and that is close range shooting, when I want precision optics I will use something with magnification. On a close range sighting system I prefer a little larger dot but the 12.9 moa triangle is just too big and even the 6.5 wouldn't be as good for moving smaller targets like hogs and rabbits.

I also picked up a set of the metal Magpul fold-down sights that coat witness very nicely in the bottom 1/3 of this optic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    All over the world
    so I put this sight on a couple upper receivers I assembled for some of my buddies just to have something to aim with other than looking down the top of the receiver and hand guard. Worked very well DOT on Target BANG no batteries or switches to fool with its was just a quick use of it but I am very happy with it so far. Now when I get back stateside after this next trip I'll mount it and really give it a work out. Hopefully I'll even be able to sign up for a few classes and see how it holds up under that kind of use.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I tried an Trijicon RX30 reflex sight about 3 years ago. It washed out far too easy. Also, at the time, the Mepro 21 was only a little better. However - Revision M of the Mepro 21 rocks. Basically, any Mepro 21 made from 2012 and on is the newer version. The first 4 digits of the serial number is the year and month of manufacture, so it's easy to tell.

It's become my favorite optic - I have two now, and have owned 2 others previously - I only sold them when I sold the rifles they were mounted on.

I do not know if Trijicon has done any upgrades to their models since then. However, it is so nice to be battery and electronic free. I like the triangle versions of the Mepro, as the bullseye version covers too much of the target at 50 yards and beyond. With the triangle, you zero it using the top tip point.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom