• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CoachHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Keller, TX
    I'm thinking about replacing the factory sights on my new Marlin 336. Any suggestions on brand that's compatible with this gun? Also, I want to keep the front sight hood. Is that still possible?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Tritium is great for night shooting, but is wasted in daylight (it's also wonderful for locating your weapon in a pitch-black room). Light-gathering sights (like fiber-optic) are good for moderate to low lighting, but can be a touch bright in direct sunlight IMO. There are other increased visibility options like different colored front sights (white, brass, etc.) that might fit your needs better. It's all about what your intended use is going to be.

One correction I need to make to the above - many tritium sights have white spots surrounding the tritium vials for daylight visibility. One major drawback to tritium (besides the cost) is that the stuff wears out after about a decade.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I replaced the factory sights on my XD45 with the Tru-Glo TFO's. Wow what a difference. At night the ends of the fiber optic rods lit up nicely, but not too much to cause glare or light up the face of the holder of the gun. Daytime yeilded perfect three dot sight alignment capability and having the front sight be a different color than the rear definately helped. I wish they were made for all my handguns...I highly recommend them.

Top Bottom