• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    The Garage is a no go, it is full of stuff, I know, that's not what a garage is for, but such is life... I'm usually pretty good about not leaving anything of value in my truck, but value is subjective.. I didn't think of a cheapo gps unit as being valuable. They didn't even get the power cord, fucknuts.. they grabbed the unit nd pulled, knocked the rear view mirror down, but didn't get the cord.. They're not even worthy of being called thieves.. they suck at there job..

Just spent the last hour and a half vacuuming glass out... I'm not sure if I'll claim it on my insurance, as I don't want my rates to go up.. though I have a zero deduct on comp, which is what this would be claimed under..
    Capitol Armory ad

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    When I lived in RR, I had some bastard do about $800 in damage to my nearly new F-150 to steal the jack from under the hood! They cut the wires for the horn, and nearly pried the passenger door handle off!
    It's the suburban punks that tend to do such things, the ghetto kids know theyll get killed for petty things and generally don't try it.

Eli

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I hate thieves too & sorry that happened to you. In Houston, the police won't even respond, instead you would get a call in a couple of days with a case number. This is why I park in the garage.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    The Garage is a no go, it is full of stuff, I know, that's not what a garage is for, but such is life... I'm usually pretty good about not leaving anything of value in my truck, but value is subjective.. I didn't think of a cheapo gps unit as being valuable. They didn't even get the power cord, fucknuts.. they grabbed the unit nd pulled, knocked the rear view mirror down, but didn't get the cord.. They're not even worthy of being called thieves.. they suck at there job..

Just spent the last hour and a half vacuuming glass out... I'm not sure if I'll claim it on my insurance, as I don't want my rates to go up.. though I have a zero deduct on comp, which is what this would be claimed under..

Comp claim for broken windshield should have no effect on your insurance rates.

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    Im not really into the GPS thing and all but I was wondering if "maybe" you could contact whom ever your GPS service is through to track where your stolen GPS is or has been? Just an idea I don't really know how that all works.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Some rag bags stole the spare tire off my pickup truck not long ago. The spare was locked, but they had something to cut the lock. This happened in broad daylight in a Wal Mart parking lot. I saw the spare tire carrier hanging down, and went back into the store, but they did not have video surveillance. Did not file an insurance claim, because it was far less than my deductible. A new tire and wheel cost me some $440.00.

There is a solution to this problem of theft, but our society is not ready for it, nor do I endorse that solution, yet.

Hence, we will have to suffer the indignity of theft until our society rejects it entirely.

(We dealt with Barracks Thieves with a good healthy ass whooping). Those dumb enough to do it a second time, got charged, convicted, and were discharged or sent to the Fort Leavenworth Disciplinary Barracks.

IIRC we used to string up horse and cattle thieves.

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    What about the theft of the gps? should I claim the window, and not the gps?

I'll be talking to my agent tomorrow...

When my truck got broken into in Houston a few months ago, I found out my vehicle insurance would not cover stuff like a gps in the truck. It only covers permanently mounted stuff. I would have had to file on my homeowners insurance for the GPS and the phone. Luckily the only expensive thing I had stolen was my Banks programmer and I was able to convince the insurance company that is was a permanent installation.

They ripped thecenter console out of my truck looking to see if I had anything hidden underneath. I have a brilliant idea of mounting a conibear trap under my console, with an airsoft Glock for bait, for next time.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    An angry raccoon (or even an angry housecat) kept inside the vehicle will curtail many would-be auto burglars. It will also help your gas mileage to improve, since you will really contemplate the need to go for a drive on any given day.

It is not my intent to make light of the situation, but if you aren't willing to clean out the garage to afford yourself secure vehicle storage...

P.S. Not to agitate, but it would be a misrepresentation of the facts to bad-mouth Round Rock: if a Wilco deputy is responding to your call, you live out in the county and the city of Round Rock has nothing to do with it.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    An angry raccoon (or even an angry house cat) kept inside the vehicle will curtail many would-be auto burglars. It will also help your gas mileage to improve, since you will really contemplate the need to go for a drive on any given day.

It is not my intent to make light of the situation, but if you aren't willing to clean out the garage to afford yourself secure vehicle storage...

P.S. Not to agitate, but it would be a misrepresentation of the facts to bad-mouth Round Rock: if a Wilco deputy is responding to your call, you live out in the county and the city of Round Rock has nothing to do with it.

Your witty insight is duly noted, I'll write it down and take it with me the next time I take a crap, then it shall show it's true worth..

I do live in the county of Williamson, but the city is Round Rock... If they can't get the Illegals, and the normal scumbags under control then I have every right to bad mouth them. I pay taxes.. Don't get me started about all the crap going on in the schools at Round Rock...In Round Rock ISD..Just a breading ground for gang bangers, and drug dealers...Oh, sure, there are good kids there, and that is what pisses me off. They allow the scum to hang around under the guise of education, and to keep the dollars rolling in..Round Rock..Give me a break... I never said it was the worse city in the state, but it certainly could step up a little..

P.S. Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut and have people think you a fool, than to open it and leave no doubt..

but hey, it happened to me, so I'll deal with it...

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut and have people think you a fool, than to open it and leave no doubt..

but hey, it happened to me, so I'll deal with it...

I couldn't agree more. If the Sheriff's Department is responding, you are outside the city limits, regardless of school districts and mailing address. Just sayin...

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I couldn't agree more. If the Sheriff's Department is responding, you are outside the city limits, regardless of school districts and mailing address. Just sayin...

Wow..city limits or not, I live in Round Rock.. You can split hairs all day long, but at the end of the day, I live in Round Rock..So when I feel like it, I will bad mouth the city... oh, there are many other things I could say about the city, I just choose not to..

And for what it's worth, you caught me on a bad day, I am usually a little more congenial..

ryantx23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    North TX
    Sorry to hear about the BMV Randman. It sucks. Try putting up a motion activated game camera. That might help in ID'ing the little bastards. That or be quicker next time when your alarm goes off.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    That sucks Rand. I lve in RR and have no probs. You might havd a local sgithead in your neighorhood.
    For thw record, I have lived in a few cities in Travis, WilCo, and Bexar county and RR is the best in my experience.
    The schools have thugs but nothing compared to AISD or PISD. I think you might wanna move out of your area.

Thieves should lose a hand with each conviction. Would solve many probs.

propellerhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ...but value is subjective.. I didn't think of a cheapo gps unit as being valuable. They didn't even get the power cord, fucknuts.. they grabbed the unit nd pulled, knocked the rear view mirror down, but didn't get the cord.. They're not even worthy of being called thieves.. they suck at there job..
    According to LEO that I know, these crackheads are attracted to stuff they can sell for a quick hit. They'll trample over more valuable items for ones that they can sell on the streets for fast cash.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    That sucks Rand. I lve in RR and have no probs. You might havd a local sgithead in your neighorhood.
    For thw record, I have lived in a few cities in Travis, WilCo, and Bexar county and RR is the best in my experience.
    The schools have thugs but nothing compared to AISD or PISD. I think you might wanna move out of your area.

Thieves should lose a hand with each conviction. Would solve many probs.

I know RR is not the Devil, just had a bad day.. Will be moving out towards beecave off Hamilton Pool Rd in another 2 years. As much as I dislike RRHS, we don't want to move our youngest as he only has 2 more yrs to go...

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Man, sorry to hear of your misfortune. About three months ago we were getting just plain torn up with BMV's (Burglary of a Motor Vehicle). We finally developed information and put away two (2) crews that were giving us so much grief. We went for about six (6) weeks and they started to slowly creep up again.

I can certainly relate to the hassle of replacement and the sense of violation you must feel. BMV's have really increased since the legislature decided to make it a Class A Misdemeanor. I understand their rational to some degree but now we have career punk's breaking into five, six, seven cars a night and they know as far as court goes, it is no big deal. We will continue to have this situation until we find a way to truly make them pay for the cost and trouble they cause.

It probably will not happen but I can wish.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If nothing else, what's the feasibility of takin' them to small claims court and suing them for damages? Perhaps a moral victory - but then again, maybe they'd have something you CAN take from 'em. If nothing else, it hassles them...

Top Bottom