• ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    You really shouldn't waste your time on leftist drivel. He said take, which is far different than steal! It's actually our right - at least, it was - to take oil as reparations.

Eli

Reparations for what? Invading their country and toppling their dictator we once supported?

Spoils of war? What, the war we started unconstitutionally and without provocation?

Government preferred to funnel all that money to the cronies in the private sector while secretly lining their own pockets.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I agree with him. If we have to go to war we should take the spoils until we're made whole and not tax the US citizens. It's how the world has worked since forever.

But, we also shouldn't be so quick to start wars and they should be formally declared as required by the Constitution.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I agree with him. If we have to go to war we should take the spoils until we're made whole and not tax the US citizens. It's how the world has worked since forever.

But, we also shouldn't be so quick to start wars and they should be formally declared as required by the Constitution.

I agree, but did we even take spoils on a national level from Germany or Japan?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I agree, but did we even take spoils on a national level from Germany or Japan?

Oh yeah we did. Operation Paperclip. We got some of their brightest scientist and engineers. You shoot 9mm, right?

The M60 was based on Nazi technology. Numerous NASA advances are from Nazi rocket research. What the U.S. took was worth billions.

Japan, we took their ass. We tested nuclear technology on their homeland. Technology that was helped along with what we learned from the Nazi regime.

We also gained a strategic spot in China's back yard.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    LMFAO

I'll accept the rocket thing

But "testing" a nuke? That wasn't a spoil of war. We had already been testing them, and continued to test them afterwards throughout the Cold War. That's like saying we have had the luxury of testing bullets, it's a spoil of war. Dropping nukes was nothing more than a way to end the war quickly.

I also wouldn't call 9mm a spoil of war. Hell, not like it's anything magical that couldn't be developed and it was presented to the U.S. army at the turn of the century. We didn't get it through Operation Paperclip and we already had a better platform than what the Germans were using at that point. Not even a 1911.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    There was a lot of technology taken by the US and the USSR. Several scientist defected before the end of the war. You could say it was testing a nuke from what i have read the trigger mechanism wasn't 100% and the effects of dropping it on a major city were not known so there was knowledge to be gained. I am all for "reperations" war or not. Maybe some dont mind paying another form of welfare but i do.

Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    Reparations for what? Invading their country and toppling their dictator we once supported?

Spoils of war? What, the war we started unconstitutionally and without provocation?

Government preferred to funnel all that money to the cronies in the private sector while secretly lining their own pockets.
    Reparations for forcing our hand, for making us sacrifice our boys for trivial crap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas

Careful, Johnny. Not everyone appreciates truth. ;)

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston

Wow, that's such a leftarded post it can't even be properly countered. How much psychotropic medication are you on? How much do you need? 'Loco' is appropriate!
    Do you know, understand, or comprehend anything about laws, armistices, etc.?

Eli

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    For once I have to agree with Trump. Had I been the POTUS, those bastards wouldn't get a grain of sand back until we decided to let them have it. Instead, we let them keep the oil and poured billion$ of our money into the country to rebuild it. Liberal BS. Would the rest of the world been pissed off if we kept the oil? Who cares!

Also, every vet would get some percentage of the profit off that oil.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

REMEMBER THIS ?

Wallis Simpson was a Brit diversion.

King Edward was a big vocal supporter of Hitler and the “Empire’ had to be rid of him pronto !

<><

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    For once I have to agree with Trump. Had I been the POTUS, those bastards wouldn't get a grain of sand back until we decided to let them have it. Instead, we let them keep the oil and poured billion$ of our money into the country to rebuild it. Liberal BS. Would the rest of the world been pissed off if we kept the oil? Who cares!

Also, every vet would get some percentage of the profit off that oil.
    <>

Well. looks to this Old-timer that ALL “liberal policies” ALWAYS end-up hurting everyone in the end.

We have been being ROBBED for generations, yet many refuse to recognize, or even to look !

<>

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Unconstitutional I'll give you but since when is "provocation" a necessary component historically?
    The reparations thing I can't get my head around, how does that fit with "conquered"?
    I get rebuilding infrastructure, what good is it if it can't function and provide value but "Oops! Sorry we warred on you, here's some money for that stuff we broke". Nope, don't get it.

Top Bottom