• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I awoke to a note that "TRUTH Social", the Trump alternative to f-b, MeWe, PARLER, etc. is now available.

But I'm not actually able to download it yet.

Has anyone else here been able to download and open it so far ?

Please advise. . . . . . .
    Lynx Defense

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Last I heard TRUTH Social was still in "beta" test and only available to selected individuals. A visit to that website indicates you have to get on some sort of "wait list" and the apple download site is available but the playstore icon is grayed out telling me that android download isn't available and no mention of PC use. This doesn't bode well as the only way this platform will take off is by massive user enrollment.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Last I heard TRUTH Social was still in "beta" test and only available to selected individuals. A visit to that website indicates you have to get on some sort of "wait list" and the apple download site is available but the playstore icon is grayed out telling me that android download isn't available and no mention of PC use. This doesn't bode well as the only way this platform will take off is by massive user enrollment.

I was on the "wait list" and can now get it. Will put it on my i-Phone and see. . . . .

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Anything labeled the same as Pravda that doesn't acknowledge the one who spoke of truth to Herod, isn't on my list to download.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    It just seems to me that their "truth" may be relative, and not true at all, much like the "fake news" they speak of.

But, it's not supposed to be a "News" site, or is it ?

If they "opened" before completely ready, it was a big mistake.

The reason no other f-b alternative has succeeded is that they were too limited, especially in regards to finding real-life Friends, and in getting others to move over.

Like it or not, f-b is pretty entrenched in people's minds and habits !

Last edited:

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    It just seems to me that their "truth" may be relative, and not true at all, much like the "fake news" they speak of.

Bookface, Twitter,… are not news sites never have been and never will be. Anyone who thinks they are us dimmer than a box of rocks. An argument can be made that the dedicated news sites arent news sites, but population control sites.

The question is whether they censor opposition. We know one side definitely does, now it’s time to see if the other plays tut for tat.

Won’t be doing Truth though. I’m if the opinion that must social media is retarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I D/L it around 0800 and could not get far in the signup process.

At 1000 I finally got to SMS message sent, but never received.

Came back at 1330 and it seems they changed things, am now 86,000 on waiting list.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    If you have to project via your name, it's suspect. That's what I'm talking about. That's what the Russians did with "Pravda" and that's what the "news" channels do as well, presume authority and accuracy in their names.

That makes me think Trump's app is dead to me from before go.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    If you have to project via your name, it's suspect. That's what I'm talking about. That's what the Russians did with "Pravda" and that's what the "news" channels do as well, presume authority and accuracy in their names.

Could be; we'll see soon.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock

I sort of get it, but do you think you’re anonymous on here, or Facebook or Twitter just cause your handle is different than your name??

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I sort of get it, but do you think you’re anonymous on here, or Facebook or Twitter just cause your handle is different than your name??

What??? I don't even try to be anonymous, my personal username is very similar to my real name and is more like a "call sign" that I got playing basketball way back in the day (I was clumsy!), but that has literally nothing to do with "naming" the app that Trump's pushing... which is what I'm discussing, not usernames.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I don't care what Trump names it.... if it turns out to be a workable alternative to the Big Tech companies and doesn't censor opposing viewpoints, I think that's wonderful.

But I have to wonder what/which Legacy "News" orgs are using their name to set an image.... ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, Fox... those names send what message???

Top Bottom