Turn Texas blue

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sjones, Sep 12, 2009.

1. sjones

sjones Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I saw in the Dallas paper this morning that the democrats in Austin are saying they will turn Texas into a blue state in the 2010 and 2012 elections.God I hope they don't.I would hate to see our great state go down the tubes like some other states. sj

2. usmcpmi

usmcpmi Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    All we can HOPE for is for them to turn blue holding their breath waiting for the rest of US to CHANGE to blue ....Talk about "HOPE & CHANGE"...

3. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    Never going to happen. Keep that weird sh*t in Austin.

4. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I believe you meant "keep those weird sh*t's in Austin"

5. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    Let me rephrase Mo. Keep that weird sh*t and those weird sh*ts in Austin.

6. Fisherman777

Fisherman777 Well-Known

Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    It'll happen if we don't educate people as to what a republic is. I hear people spout the blue line every day and don't know what they're saying. We do have a lot of airheads here in Texas. They hear conservative and start puking.

Maybe along with all of the other efforts, a nice brochure explaining what conservatism is would be in order. Just like "guns don't kill people, people do", "Conservatism didn't fail, people did". Any comments on this idea? I'm sure it's not original but sounds good to me.

7. Fisherman777

Fisherman777 Well-Known

Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    And it should be explained simply so the airheads and hicks can understand it. Can't dumb it down too much though because some will get mad.

8. Gutshot

Gutshot Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Justin, Texas
    Never say never. It is almost a tie in both houses of Congress. That is why the parking lot bill got held up in the last session. Don't split the Republican vote by voting for a third party candidate. 2010 will be a critical year. Vote for the most conservative Republican then. Do the same in 2012, then after that let's try a third party. If not Obama will be back for another round of change.

9. Fisherman777

Fisherman777 Well-Known

Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Absolutely right. We can't take a chance. Don't split up the votes. You're just handing it to the commies. Hey, I like Ron Paul too but he can not win. You'll hand to the commies with a bow on top. We won't even get a kiss after the screwing they'll give us and our rights. We have to stick together. It's not conservatism that has failed. It's the poor choices for polititians we put into office. Put some others in their place and revamp the party instead of abandoning the party and it's original ideals.

There are some great 3rd party guys out there but they'll just have to wait a little longer. For the good of the republic, they'll just have to understand and wait for the next election cycle. If there is one.

10. SiscoKid

SiscoKid Active Member

Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Most posters in this thread are right on. We simply cannot allow the blue doggers to pull an "Obamma" in 2010. That means don't let them preach centrist issues and blow smoke up our butts. It has now been proven that Obamma and democrats will outright lie to get elected, then change their tunes later.

Hang on, Texans.