• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Hmmm... I wonder what's in those blue cases there?
    004xb.jpg

Ohh! THAT's what's in those blue cases.
    005hg.jpg

Top is a Sig 556 Classic Swat, bottom is a Sig 522.

On Tuesday, I was doing my weekly IPSC night, and one of the shooters was picking up these two rifles. I looked at it and thought, "That looks like about $5,000 worth of rifles." Turns out, CDNN was running a buy one get one free deal. Buy a 556, get a 522 free. I didn't ask how much it was, just drueled.

Intrigued, I went in the next day and asked Favorite FFL how much the combo was, he told me. I said I would have to think about it. Woke up Thursday morning and called the shop, told him to put in the order and I'd be over after work to get it.

I cleaned both on Friday. Cleaned with MPro7 and lubed with Slipstream. Really smoothed out the actions. I also bought a cheap BSA red-dot from Academy for the 522, since it had no sights. I could've gone with something a bit better, but I wanted it now, and Academy had a cheapo.

Took them out Saturday.

Took me 2 magazines to get the 522 sighted in at 25yd. Once I got it zeroed, it did pretty well. Nice tight little groups at 25yds.

That rifle is a ton of fun! Put about 200 rds through it.

The only reason I stopped shooting is that I got sick of reloading those magazines. I need to look for a speed loader for them. Those things hurt after a while.

The 556 is fun, too, but it's going to take some getting used to. For some reason, I couldn't make tight groups at 25yds! But I could hit the gong at 100 no problem. Basically, I was making the same size groups at 25 and 100yds. about 4". I'll have to try again next weekend and start with the 556 to see if I was flinching on real ammo after 100rds of .22.
    ARJ Defense ad

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Nice rifles.I'll bet after a bit of practice you'll be shooting tight groups with the 556.

pigdave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Hmmm... I wonder what's in those blue cases there?
    004xb.jpg

Ohh! THAT's what's in those blue cases.
    005hg.jpg

Top is a Sig 556 Classic Swat, bottom is a Sig 522.

On Tuesday, I was doing my weekly IPSC night, and one of the shooters was picking up these two rifles. I looked at it and thought, "That looks like about $5,000 worth of rifles." Turns out, CDNN was running a buy one get one free deal. Buy a 556, get a 522 free. I didn't ask how much it was, just drueled.

Intrigued, I went in the next day and asked Favorite FFL how much the combo was, he told me. I said I would have to think about it. Woke up Thursday morning and called the shop, told him to put in the order and I'd be over after work to get it.

I cleaned both on Friday. Cleaned with MPro7 and lubed with Slipstream. Really smoothed out the actions. I also bought a cheap BSA red-dot from Academy for the 522, since it had no sights. I could've gone with something a bit better, but I wanted it now, and Academy had a cheapo.

Took them out Saturday.

Took me 2 magazines to get the 522 sighted in at 25yd. Once I got it zeroed, it did pretty well. Nice tight little groups at 25yds.

That rifle is a ton of fun! Put about 200 rds through it.

The only reason I stopped shooting is that I got sick of reloading those magazines. I need to look for a speed loader for them. Those things hurt after a while.

The 556 is fun, too, but it's going to take some getting used to. For some reason, I couldn't make tight groups at 25yds! But I could hit the gong at 100 no problem. Basically, I was making the same size groups at 25 and 100yds. about 4". I'll have to try again next weekend and start with the 556 to see if I was flinching on real ammo after 100rds of .22.

So what was the price?

Top Bottom