• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    The video may get you a bit riled, so keep that in mind.

LINK

Quote from the two officers' police chief, who showed up at the scene just after the final taser jolt was administered:

Smith, who quit eight days after the incident, remains unrepentant.

"I did what I had to do to take control of the situation," Smith told the AJC about his decision to repeatedly discharge his Taser.

Yet his former boss, Lumpkin Police Chief Steven Ogle, was shocked when he saw the video.

"I couldn’t believe it,” Ogle said. “You don’t use it [a Taser] for punitive reasons, to prod someone. It was evident it was an improper use of force. He was an excellent officer other than that incident."

Smith resigned just as Ogle started the process to fire him, the chief said. Smith now works for the Chattahoochee County Sheriff's office.

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Not good for these two fella's... more than likely this one will go over quick and without too much media hype... it's clear that second officer on the scene had ill intent, I don't know what happened at first, but when he pulled up... the first guy was already standing over her.... so other than not being able to get her into the car by himself... she couldnt have been that much of a threat cause she was on the ground.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Wow. The LEO quits when his Supervisors have begun paperwork to terminate him and he gets hired by another department that quickly? They don't check with the previous department?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Wow. The LEO quits when his Supervisors have begun paperwork to terminate him and he gets hired by another department that quickly? They don't check with the previous department?
    Unforutunately many dont.... which in my estimation sets the new department up for a fall when this guy asks like an ass again (and he will)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It does seem that the second guy to arrive has an attitude problem. Especially considering he just up and quits over the incident. It is difficult to see what is really happening in the video, tho. You can't really go on just the audio. I've seen guys yelling "I'm not resisting! I'm not resisting!" all the while they are wrestling with the officer trying to arrest them.

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Unforutunately many dont.... which in my estimation sets the new department up for a fall when this guy asks like an ass again (and he will)
    Yep a acquaintance of mine got turned down by one department, APD, because of some stuff they drummed up from his past, drugs i suspect, he turned around the very next month and got picked up by SAPD!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom