• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    "In a recent opinion piece published in Newsweek, Jessica Gullion, an assistant professor of sociology at Texas Woman's University, warns that allowing students to pack heat in the classroom could add a scary dimension to those after-class discussions about grades.

"Will we soon see a new sort of grade inflation, with students earning a 4.0 GPA with their firepower rather than brainpower?" Gullion wrote.

Gullion recounted being intimidated by one student angry about her grade, and said knowing that angry students might be armed and could "resort to any means necessary" to keep their grades up could prompt professors to hand out easy As.
    "Allowing students to carry weapons to class strips off a layer of safety," she wrote. "Students are often emotional and can be volatile when it comes to their GPAs," she wrote. "Who would want to give a student a low grade and then get shot for it?"

"

What a blithering idiot. And she thinks if anyone wants to go postal over a grade, a "gun free zone" would stop that person from illegally bringing a gun? Guess a stabbing would be okay with her?

Sheessshhhh...
    ARJ Defense ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Wow, and being an academic I am sure she has done her research and can provide the results to support this hypothesis.

Or, she's just full of shit.

I think it's the latter...

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Positive thought.
    Maybe campus carry will persuade all the liberal bedwetters to change careers.
    We could actually see some conservative professors.

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    YES!!! If we get lucky the liberals will decide they are too scared of guns to be wherever they are allowed and maybe they will congregate somewhere else finally...

Positive thought.
    Maybe campus carry will persuade all the liberal bedwetters to change careers.
    We could actually see some conservative professors.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    What gets me, is how liberals, with all their arguments about what "could" happen, never seem to come to the conclusion that, perhaps arming themselves would be a possible avenue to explore, if this world is so dangerous.
    You hear them spout studies or ideas that gun owners are mentally ill or delusional, but what is more delusional then being so afraid of an inanimate object that you wouldn't even consider using to save you own damn life. :beat:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    And folks go into debt for life to pay for the privilege of being educat.. er, indoctrinated by these types?
    I'd have to ask for a refund.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

Anyone who has a low enough IQ and/or that little COMMONSENSE isn't bright enough to get out of bed each morning, much less be a professor. = Frankly, I think that she is a KNOWING LIAR & nothing more than that.

ImVho, it's past time to start OPENLY RIDICULING such nitwits, each/every time that they open their BIG mouths.

yours, satx

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Reminds me of this guy

1e9494df0b206c608e42ca07e6746e16691b2ccc7e573c32234ee5bb427d7803.jpg

WTK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Georgetown, TX
    How To Be A Victim 101

I'm sure I would want "Jessica Gullion, an assistant professor of sociology at Texas Woman's University" instructing my daughter.

What would she teach? How to be a Victim 101

This is more than a problem in our schools; it is a problem in our country. We are beginning to respect people for being victims. :banghead:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    WTK,

I don't know that she would teach your daughter to be "a victim" BUT likely she would try to convert her into a radical-leftist NITWIT, who has NO commonsense & reflexively "votes the straight Democrat ticket".

In point of fact, LIBs aren't required (or even encouraged) to engage in "cerebral activity"; instead, they just have to "feel about" things.

yours, satx

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    "In a recent opinion piece published in Newsweek, Jessica Gullion, an assistant professor of sociology/communism at Texas Woman's University, warns that allowing students to pack heat in the classroom could add a scary dimension to those after-class discussions about grades.

erya go. fixed it...

damn...and she's studied Sociology of the Apocalypse (why didn't they have that bullshit when I was in school?). She should know a good gat can do some good! I think she's got the ebola.

Jessica Gullion, Ph.D - TWU Sociology Program - Texas Woman's University

Top Bottom