Guns International

TX-Rep. Capriglione and TX-US Rep. Marchant support 2A - their replies to my emails

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    January 22, 2013

My name
    My address
    My state

Dear My Name

Thank you for taking the time to write me about your concerns regarding the protection of the Second Amendment rights in our state.

I firmly support keeping our constitutional rights intact and do not intend to support any legislation that would impose restrictions on those rights.

As James Madison, a founding father, once stated in the Federalist Papers, "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    Regarding the Firearms Protection Act: Representative Toth has not yet filed any legislation on the subject at this point, but we will be on the lookout for it in the future. However, several other representatives jointly filed a bill recently that addressed the same subject matter. HB 553 concerns firearms and the preservation of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution, and we plan to support this legislation in any way possible.

Once again, thank you for expressing your concerns. Should you wish to discuss the matter further, please don't hesitate to contact me or my staff.

Sincerely,
    mail

Giovanni Capriglione
    Texas State Representative
    House District 98
    January 22, 2013

U.S. Congressman Kenny Marchant
    January 18, 2013
    Dear friend,

On Wednesday, President Obama unveiled his gun control proposals. Little, if anything, the President announced would have prevented the tragedy at Sandy Hook. That’s the problem. We must not parade window-dressing proposals around as actual solutions. Trampling on the 2nd Amendment by effectively disarming law-abiding citizens who are seeking to protect themselves, their families, and their property does nothing to prevent another Newtown.

Ultimately, I believe our states, cities, and local school boards are in the best position to implement solutions that could help prevent these tragedies in the future. I do not believe the federal government is best equipped to address the issue at hand. In the coming weeks, House and Senate committees will hold hearings on the twenty-three Executive Actions announced Wednesday as well as legislative proposals. I will oppose any efforts by the Administration or those in Congress to abridge the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms.

**24th District Survey on Obama's Gun Control Proposals**
    Many of you have emailed my office regarding your views on the President's proposals and I thank you. Now, I want to give you a chance to fill out a short online survey about the proposals by clicking here.

Folks, if you haven't done it, contact your congressfolk. They need to hear from us because antis are yanking on their ear too.
    Hurley's Gold

Top Bottom