• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Censorship lab?
    What particular news outlets have they censored?
    Sounds like some biased ”researchers” just labeled some news outlets as weak or strong….according to their own biases.
    They don’t have the power to censor anything.

The people doing the “research” are students. Of course at UT the ones who volunteer are likely to be liberals.
    Seems conservatives don’t apply and prefer to bitch about it on the Internet.

fwiw:

The lab is funded by grants from outside sources - could be private, could be feds.
    Here’s one project funded by the US Army’s West Point Military Academy:

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That has already been a liberal hotbed.
    Just the noisy ones get the media attention. They have infested the student publications since I went there 60+ years ago.
    But plenty of conservatives are on campus too.
    Most are just going to school and don’t care about politics.
    The real hotbed of liberalism is that far left city council that has only one pseudo conservative, and she’s a former Internet ”cam girl” with a shady background.
    The nuts are running the asylum in Austin, but it is still a great & dynamic city in spite of its political idiocy.
    Glad we moved out in 1995.

Twobravo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2022
    Tulsa
    We quit going to or through Austin and San Antonio years ago when they went Woke they both suck now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Nothing new here, I am a UT grad 72 and two of my profs let students skip class to attend SDS demonstrations.
    <>

What is disgusting is that their funding is PUBLIC yet there is virtually ZERO outside oversight !

The idiots have run that asylum way too long.

The motto of their UTMB is ‘’That’s NOT my job !’’. The culture is absurdly LAZY & condescending.

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I spent 6+ years on the U of T Faculty & another 3 years in a South Austin neighborhood off Bee Caves, which was a libtard enclave.

I’ve never seen so many pompous Asses anywhere else.

At one point, my neighbors were criticizing me for running our home A/C in July. I quote: ‘’That’s your problem; you don’t CONSERVE!’’

No wonder our young come-out so F-U’ed !

leVieux

<>

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    After the USSR collapsed 30+ years ago, it was revealed that the KGB was “subsidizing “ the SDS.
    The MSM pretty much ignored that bit of scandal.
    That helps explain their progression. They started as naive college kids protesting all sorts of issues so they could feel good about themselves. One of their main issues was mean professors. (Well, it was a little more complex than that. :))

By the end, they had morphed into a hardcore Marxist group that initiated and reveled in confrontational protests where they almost always got physical with someone, including police.

By that time, enough bombs had been set off by Marxists in the USA. LEOs were generally no longer willing to put up with college kids screaming in their faces and pushing them to provoke a response. The organization fell apart pretty quick.

USSR subsidy money would definitely explain that.

As an aside - My youth was partly spent working with the John Birch Society as a speaker. I picked up the oddest trivia from those guys and sometimes it comes roaring back to the front of my mind. :)

Top Bottom