• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    OK then...

We should all agree 'ukraine' is 'our baby' to nurture and care for...right?

Well, I don't agree...

ukraine and russia's war isn't 'our war' to fight ...

Let them fight it out, without our involvement.

I don't owe uke...for anything.

We should involve ourselves in their wars because doing so...is noble...?

No...spend money and troops on securing 'our' borders...theirs aren't ours...but, all you 'do gooders' don't much give a ....about our borders, just theirs....

And, you that care more for uke than the U.S. might consider giving up your U.S. identity and become uke citizens, since you care so much more for them than us...

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    OK then...

We should all agree 'ukraine' is 'our baby' to nurture and care for...right?

Well, I don't agree...

ukraine and russia's war isn't 'our war' to fight ...

Let them fight it out, without our involvement.

I don't owe uke...for anything.

We should involve ourselves in their wars because doing so...is noble...?

No...spend money and troops on securing 'our' borders...theirs aren't ours...but, all you 'do gooders' don't much give a ....about our borders, just theirs....

And, you that care more for uke than the U.S. might consider giving up your U.S. identity and become uke citizens, since you care so much more for them than us...

It's easy to be charitable with other folks' property.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    When they overthrew a repressive and corrupt russian/soviet facing government in 2014 and turned west looking for freedom.

Ukraine would be where belarus is now, a russian puppet, had they not risked freedom. Unfortunately we had a feckless person or one who wanted to see Ukraine subjugated and russia was able to take advantage of America's lack of resolve and fortitude as they did in 2022.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    When they overthrew a repressive and corrupt russian/soviet facing government in 2014 and turned west looking for freedom.

Ukraine would be where belarus is now, a russian puppet, had they not risked freedom. Unfortunately we had a feckless person or one who wanted to see Ukraine subjugated and russia was able to take advantage of America's lack of resolve and fortitude as they did in 2022.

Why did they want to see Ukraine subjugated?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Why did they want to see Ukraine subjugated?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I do not know.

What I do know is the democrats accuse republicans of what they themselves are doing, so if that holds true here, it is because the democrats are in business of some sort with russia or organizations that would benefit from a corrupt government in Ukraine.

I suspect it is a combination of political alignment and financial benefit, but I have nothing beyond Hunter and Biden's ties with the old government'd remnants and the pair's association and payments from the Moscow Mayor's wife (and her not being sanctioned after the 2022 invasion...).

If anyone has facts which confirm or discredit my suspicions I would be glad to hear of them.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    A take on the politics of welcoming wagner into your country and saying the want to tour Poland...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So we're trying something. Noise in this thread; news in the other thread.

It's an experiment. In a couple of weeks, we'll know if it was worth doing.
    Thank you. I had unsubscribed from the big Ukraine thread early on. Almost didn't click on this thread as I had been ignoring anything Ukraine related on TGT. I'll give it a couple days to see how this goes but I'll probably unsubscribe from this thread and just follow the "news" one.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Why did Randi Weingarten go to Ukraine?

Rhonda "Randi" Weingarten is an American labor leader, attorney, and educator. She is president of the American Federation of Teachers and a member of the AFL–CIO. per wikipedia...

A slew of congressman and women have gone there too.

Why would non-combatants go there?

For what possible reason?

Something smells rotten in Denmark...

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Why did Randi Weingarten go to Ukraine?

Rhonda "Randi" Weingarten is an American labor leader, attorney, and educator. She is president of the American Federation of Teachers and a member of the AFL–CIO. per wikipedia...

A slew of congressman and women have gone there too.

Why would non-combatants go there?

For what possible reason?

Something smells rotten in Denmark...
    A war is like a fire.

When Texas or California (or Hawaii) has a wild fire, where the fire is is obviously on fire and super dangerous and there is a high danger zone for a few miles around the line of fire, but 5 or 10 miles away all you may experience is some smoke on the horizon or some smoky air. Even farther away you may only read about the fire and never see the flames.

When I was in Kyiv and Lviv we had frequent air alarm sirens and a few missles hit, but mostly it was life as normal (at least until shops kicked you out for an air alarm)

Kharkiv on the other hand had the front lines on the edge of the city and I felt and heard russian shelling nearby in the city every night and near the front you could hear small arms and what sounded like auto-cannons firing and everywhere I walked you could see small craters in the street, pockmarks in building walls, blown out windows, partially destroyed apartments, tank tracks in the streets, sand-bad strong points, czech-hedgehogs etc... there was no doubt the war was close. If you looked carefully you could find steel fragments from the shells.

You dont hunker down in your celler hoping your house doesn't burn because there is a wild fire two counties over. Just because a hurricane hits Florida doesn't mean the entire state is devastated and just because there is a fierce war in Ukraine doesn't mean you have to duck and dodge bullets and artillery everywhere.

The weirdest thing about all that is the mentally ill man himself. Politicians have long gone near combat zones. Churchill was nearly killed in WWII when he came under artillery fire after the Germans saw him (not knowing who it was) and sent a few rounds over to put them to ground.

Top Bottom