• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carlw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    leander
    An umarmed and basically defenseless person's life is worthless to a criminal.
    But, if they believe you are armed and capable of defending yourself your life is
    worth something--the cost may be too high for them to attempt something!
    If they know the average law-abiding joe isn't allowed to be armed than it's
    a buffet for the criminal. And I sure as S*&t don't want to be at the mercy
    of a criminal's good nature as to cower, cooperate, and hope they don't do anything to
    me or someone I care about just because I didn't fight back.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/mar/1/dcs-crime-solution-be-a-victim/

“The problem is, if you are armed, it escalates the situation,” Mr. Quander told residents. “It is much better, in my opinion, to be scared, to be frightened, and even if you have to be, to be injured, but to walk away and survive. You’ll heal, and you can replace whatever was taken away.”

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!!

I wander if this guy would still back this ridiculous statement after his wife or daughter was raped. I bet you anything this guy probably owns and/or carries a gun while he tells everyone else they aren't worthy and have to accept being a victim.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I wander if this guy would still back this ridiculous statement after his wife or daughter was raped. I bet you anything this guy probably owns and/or carries a gun while he tells everyone else they aren't worthy and have to accept being a victim.

Wouldn't happen. I bet his family has armed guards that travel with them.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I weighed in on this one earlier but had another thought. The Washington advisers suggest that if we vomit on ourselves and convert a normally intelligent, self confident Human Being into a disgusting, sub Human, pathetic lump of shxt, you can protect yourself from violence. That speaks volumes for their low opinion of our citizens and what constitutes reasonable behavior to keep yourself safe. Apparently, it's better to reduce yourself to a pile of garbage than to stand up for yourself. J.C......what a loser!

Flash

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    What I just don't understand is how these mindless jerks keep getting elected? If I was a citizen of Washington, I'd get my neighbors, friends, family anyone that would listen to vote and run these people out of office.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Wasn't that the subtext to "Death Wish"? Is better to be a victim or does one have the right to defend the self?

-Glen, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JaketheBake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Sugar Land, TX
    “The problem is, if you are armed, it escalates the situation,” Mr. Quander told residents. “It is much better, in my opinion, to be scared, to be frightened, and even if you have to be, to be injured, but to walk away and survive. You’ll heal, and you can replace whatever was taken away.”

Someone should give him what he wants. Someone should make him frightened and injured on a daily basis.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Boston T Party has some stats on this in his Gun Bible. The people with guns were hurt less than the people who resisted with a knife or the people who resisted with hand-to-hand. The people who didn't resist at all were hurt the most.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Someone should give him what he wants. Someone should make him frightened and injured on a daily basis.

I'll volunteer for that duty. I can be a scary, nasty son-of-a-bitch when I put my mind to it. All thanks to my Dad, who spent 30 years in the Marine Corps and was a Drill Instructor (D.I.) at both Parris Island and MCRD San Diego.

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    They want everyone to feel as completely inadequate to protect themselves as they themselves are. But they don't get the difference that the little people don't have full time security provided by tax dollars.

Top Bottom