• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    The thing that amazes me the most about this is their reasoning for doing it. Claiming it's to stem the flow of weapons into Mexico. We all know damn well, and they know too, that this measure will have zero effect on gun crime in Mexico, so they might as well just come out and admit that it is just part of their crusade to erode our rights. Even if it would make a difference, how is scrutinizing American gun owners justified in a Federal Appeals Court on the grounds that it is to prevent crime...IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY!?!? Who the Fk are these people working for?

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    These drug cartels are intelligent organizations. How hard would it be to pay some resident to get their CHL (especially if they lower the hours) and go around 20 different gun shops in one day buying one AR-15 at each one. No background check, paperwork filed away at each place. Or drive on over to Louisiana, Oklahoma, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, etc...What is an extra 8 hour drive to an international drug cartel? The checks and balances are already in place. I would hope that if some gun shop owner in Louisiana had a customer come in and want to buy 20 AR-15 with cash, that owner would as a concerned American maybe ask a couple questions.

I grew up in a dry county in Texas (no liquor allowed to be sold), Right at the county line there were 3 liquor stores. That law did not stop people from getting their liquor. They just bought more so it would be longer in between the trips. Yes I can see a thriving gun trade in all the other states in bulk purchases. The guns are not the issue here. It is Americas appetite for illegal drugs. 60% of cartel revenue comes from marijuana sales. It is what pays their operating expenses. All profits are from the other stuff. Legalize marijuana and we could choke them out.

Last edited:

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The thing that amazes me the most about this is their reasoning for doing it. Claiming it's to stem the flow of weapons into Mexico. We all know damn well, and they know too, that this measure will have zero effect on gun crime in Mexico, so they might as well just come out and admit that it is just part of their crusade to erode our rights. Even if it would make a difference, how is scrutinizing American gun owners justified in a Federal Appeals Court on the grounds that it is to prevent crime...IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY!?!? Who the Fk are these people working for?

They're not working for anybody. They have a terminal case of cranial rectumitus. Maybe someone with a John Deere tractor and some heavy chain could help them remove their heads from their anal orifices. Maybe!!

Doubtful a tractor and chain would work, though. Their heads are so far up there that it would involve the application of some multiple megatonnage nuclear devices to remove them.

Last edited:

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    These drug cartels are intelligent organizations. How hard would it be to pay some resident to get their CHL (especially if they lower the hours) and go around 20 different gun shops in one day buying one AR-15 at each one. No background check, paperwork filed away at each place. Or drive on over to Louisiana, Oklahoma, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, etc...What is an extra 8 hour drive to an international drug cartel? The checks and balances are already in place. I would hope that if some gun shop owner in Louisiana had a customer come in and want to buy 20 AR-15 with cash, that owner would as a concerned American maybe ask a couple questions.

I grew up in a dry county in Texas (no liquor allowed to be sold), Right at the county line there were 3 liquor stores. That law did not stop people from getting their liquor. They just bought more so it would be longer in between the trips. Yes I can see a thriving gun trade in all the other states in bulk purchases. The guns are not the issue here. It is Americas appetite for illegal drugs. 60% of cartel revenue comes from marijuana sales. It is what pays their operating expenses. All profits are from the other stuff. Legalize marijuana and we could choke them out.

Why bother? When you can get cheap AK's from South America?

This whole guns from the USA is way overplayed. The numbers they get are from traceable guns, the vast majority of the guns recovered from drug crime scenes are untraceable.

They only get a handful of guns from us, and a good chunk of those are stolen from the Mexican gubbermint.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    These drug cartels are intelligent organizations. How hard would it be to pay some resident to get their CHL (especially if they lower the hours) and go around 20 different gun shops in one day buying one AR-15 at each one. No background check, paperwork filed away at each place.
    Why would they do that at all when they could buy a shipping container full of AKs direct from China?

TexasCajun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    Houston area
    Why bother? When you can get cheap AK's from South America?

This whole guns from the USA is way overplayed. The numbers they get are from traceable guns, the vast majority of the guns recovered from drug crime scenes are untraceable.

They only get a handful of guns from us, and a good chunk of those are straw-bought by the US gubbermint.

Fixed it for you...

Sent from my GS 3 using Tapatalk 2

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    They seem pretty desperate. They even buy non functioning guns from US citizens in private sales with the intent of fixing them up to use them.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Does it matter?

No one will call the ruling junta out on it.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 gives them no power to demand reports on multiple long gun sales. They are acting outside the law.

Just like when they broke the law firing Inspector General Gerald Walpin without notifying Congress 30 days in advance.

Just like when they deployed US forces to Libya past the 60 day limit from the War Powers Resolution of 1973.

Just like when they violated the 14th Amendment and its guarantee of equal protection before the law with the IRS targeting conservative grass roots orgs while putting liberal cells in the express lane.

Just like when they violated the 1st Amendment by denying conservative groups the right to organize and assemble.

Just like when they violated the 4th Amendment with the recent NSA domestic spying bombshell.

They've committed enough high crimes and misdemeanors to be impeached, but not a single person in the legislature will call them out on it. Welcome to West Africa, where might makes right and the law of the jungle is the law of the land.

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Almost makes me want to go buy 3 or 4 AR's just to see if they show up at my door. :rolleyes:

I have not read the law so this will be dumb question. If I buy three lowers online from wherever but not in Texs will the ATF come and kill me?

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I have not read the law so this will be dumb question. If I buy three lowers online from wherever but not in Texs will the ATF come and kill me?

No! They are only dangerous if you get one in TX, NM or AZ!!! The one's they sell in OK or LA aren't the kind the cartels are looking for.

Seriously though, it's where they are transferred that determines whether the report is submitted. So if you get them sent to TX, regardless of where the vendor is, then they might come and kill you???? ;)

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    No! They are only dangerous if you get one in TX, NM or AZ!!! The one's they sell in OK or LA aren't the kind the cartels are looking for.

Seriously though, it's where they are transferred that determines whether the report is submitted. So if you get them sent to TX, regardless of where the vendor is, then they might come and kill you???? ;)

Well then I guess I will have to simply make sure to buy them 6 days apart. I wonder if I can find a vendor (brick and mortar) in this area that would let me buy one and hold the other two (money down) to purchase them 6 days apart to circumvent the law so the ATF doesn't come and kill me? This agaain is proof that I should have bought a pile of recievers back in pre Kenyan 08' and then again in12'.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Does it matter?

No one will call the ruling junta out on it.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 gives them no power to demand reports on multiple long gun sales. They are acting outside the law.

Just like when they broke the law firing Inspector General Gerald Walpin without notifying Congress 30 days in advance.

Just like when they deployed US forces to Libya past the 60 day limit from the War Powers Resolution of 1973.

Just like when they violated the 14th Amendment and its guarantee of equal protection before the law with the IRS targeting conservative grass roots orgs while putting liberal cells in the express lane.

Just like when they violated the 1st Amendment by denying conservative groups the right to organize and assemble.

Just like when they violated the 4th Amendment with the recent NSA domestic spying bombshell.

They've committed enough high crimes and misdemeanors to be impeached, but not a single person in the legislature will call them out on it. Welcome to West Africa, where might makes right and the law of the jungle is the law of the land.

Dats racist. Cuz obama is black so he from africa sooo there's jungles there. You calling him a monkey???

gcarrillo004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Atascocita, Texas
    (Soft knocks at the door)
    CHONG: Who is it?
    CHEECH: It's me, Dave. Open up, man, I got the AR15's.
    (More knocks)
    CHEECH: It's me, Dave, man. Open up, I got the guns.
    CHONG: Who?
    CHEECH: It's, Dave, man. Open up, I think the cops saw me come in here.
    (More knocks)
    CHEECH: It's, Dave, man. Will you open up, I got the guns with me.
    CHEECH: Dave, man. Open up.
    CHONG: Dave?
    CHEECH: Yeah, Dave. C'mon, man, open up, I think the Liberals saw me.
    CHONG: Dave's not here.
    CHEECH: No, man, I'm Dave, man.
    (Sharp knocks at the door)
    CHEECH: Hey, c'mon, man.
    CHEECH: It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the guns with me.
    CHEECH: Dave, man. Open up.
    CHEECH: Yeah, Dave.
    CHONG: Dave's not here.
    CHEECH: What the hell? No, man, I am Dave, man. Will you...
    (More knocks)
    CHEECH: C'mon! Open up the door, will you? I got the guns with me, I think the libs saw me.
    CHEECH: Oh, what the hell is it...c'mon. Open up the door! It's Dave!
    CHEECH: Dave! D-A-V-E! Will you open up the dam door!
    CHEECH: Yeah, Dave!
    CHEECH: Right, man. Dave. Now will you open up the door?
    CHONG: Dave's not here

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Well then I guess I will have to simply make sure to buy them 6 days apart. I wonder if I can find a vendor (brick and mortar) in this area that would let me buy one and hold the other two (money down) to purchase them 6 days apart to circumvent the law so the ATF doesn't come and kill me? This agaain is proof that I should have bought a pile of recievers back in pre Kenyan 08' and then again in12'.

Screw em', if they want to come for a visit I say let em. They don't do anything but ask you questions that you don't need to answer. They have been doing these sorts of checks for multiple handgun purchases for a while. I'm not saying I like it, but it is what it is until we change it.

I imagine the conversation going like this:

ATF- "We see you purchased five AR's last week, do you still have them in your possession?"
    Southpaw- "I like turtles."
    ATF- "That's nice Mr. Southpaw, but what about those AR's?"
    Southpaw - "I used to own a very friendly rabbit."
    ATF- "OK, how about you show us those AR's?"
    Southpaw - "Cats are fine, but I prefer dogs as pets."
    etc., etc., etc........................

You can see where I'm going with it. Hell, your paying for them to be there you might as well have fun spending your money.
    :p:p

Top Bottom